Friday, May 16, 2008

Cats Fixed on Cat Grant in Albany Left Locked in Rental Abandoned

The first cats I got fixed on the Albany cat grant have been abandoned in their rental, locked inside, along with ferrets and birds, for seven days before being found.

The cats are now at SafeHaven and the cops want to charge these folks and I hope they do. Funny thing, I take photos of the cats I get fixed, so they sure can't make the claim they're not theirs.

Here's the kicker. I took in six cats, and then they had a male they said was already neutered, then they had two very young kittens, too. I was going to get the kittens fixed also, but they blew up at me, when I mentioned the torti was pregnant at spay, claiming they didn't believe in abortion due to their religious beliefs and that I should have stopped the spay when it was found out she was pregnant. (they had also told me there was no chance the cat could be pregnant).

I guess those religious beliefs of theirs include justifying locking all those animals and birds up to die of starvation and dehydration when they move on. Sick people.

I stopped by the HTN after dropping off seven cats up at the vet clinic. The littlest kitten of the five by the allegedly fixed in Tigard mid March black long hair was looking bad. I removed her and brought her home. I gave her 15 cc of fluids in the car, then SafeHaven thankfully agreed to try to find her a fosterer, someone adept at bottle feeding, which I am not. So she's there, struggling to live.

That was like fate they took her, because that's when I saw the cats I knew, there and asked Christiana about the long hair torti and where she came from. That's when I told her I got them all fixed. They said they figured it was me or else they'd been fixed under SafeHaven's voucher program.

They were the very first cats fixed under the Albany cat grant, in early April. It's a good thing, too, because otherwise, there would have been four females each with kittens locked up in that house for a week, too.

The seven up being fixed today include three adults from BSO3--two orange tabby on white females, actually Shady's sisters, and a male. Shady was originally from BSO1. She was sick when I netted her. Her sisters had disappeared and I feared they had died of the same pneumonia Shady was suffering. But they instead had taken refuge in a garage two houses down. They're still very young cats and both had litters, but only two kittens survived. They were sharing these two kittens, both calicos. Shady is still here, a long lanky mischeivous prankster.

Three more of the cats hail from Millersburg Country. A black adult, a brown tabby teen, and a two year old male.

The seventh cat may already be spayed. She was abandoned by some druggees evicted after burning half their own rental trailer down and trashing it. I picked her up this morning from neighbors feeding her, but then saw two people, obviously with big time issues, rifling through trash on the porch of the trailer.

I approached them and asked them if they had lived there. They denied it. So I asked if they knew about the cat who had lived there and if she was fixed. The woman said her brother had owned that cat and said he was supposed to come pick her up and that she is spayed. But I don't necessarily believe her. Anyhow, I warned the vet she may be spayed and to look for a spay scar or scar tissue and they will.

I am going to take a nap.

Photos of the seven cats up at the vet today:


Black female, turned out to be already spayed and was found to be already spayed without anesthesia, abandoned in Albany, now cared for by neighbors.
BSO3 gray tab on white male, being neutered today.
Orange tabby on white female, from BSO3, being spayed today.
One of two BSO3 orange tabby on white females, being spayed today.
DSH Millersburg Country Colony all black, unknown sex, being fixed today.
Millersburg Country, DSH brown tabby teen, being fixed today.
Two year old male, Millersburg Country, being neutered today.

2 comments:

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...