Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bored

A slow day for sure today. Last night, I fell asleep on my couch about 6:30 p.m. I woke up at 1:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours.

This morning, I woke up early, with thoughts of maybe I could do something. I returned all the cats and took Bo, the big male, father of some of the wrecking yard newborns, to his new home. Then I stopped by HTN. I guess I wanted to see if he was the one who shot a dog, although the paper report said it was on Cloverridge and about a half mile down Cloverridge.

He's had tons of trouble with aggressive dogs coming onto his property. A couple of them killed over a dozen cats. When he called the cops about it, the cop who came over made it out like it was a cat problem and had to be constantly redirected to the fact a dangerous dog had come on his property several times and killed his cats on his property. Still, she made no police report on such a horrible thing. The old man had been horribly depressed over the losses. So was I. After that, he got a pistol. He figured if the cops were going to do nothing, he'd have to protect his own property.

It is fairly strange that the cops will do nothing about abuse of cats but will about abuse of dogs. It's like protecting men but not women, somehow, in a way. When someone was shooting dogs with pellet guns in North Albany, a big deal was made, investigation opened, paper article written. But when 17 cats were killed in two nights by a rampaging dog, the cop called it a cat problem and refused to take a report. That's sad. No wonder the old man has taken steps to protect his own.

So anyhow, he was gone, off shopping when I stopped by. So, fancy free, nothing to do, I stopped by the BS and BS'ed awhile there, then came home.

I intended to do something, although I wouldn't know what, but fell asleep in the spare bedroom with the foster kittens instead, waking up late, just an hour ago in fact.

I should have gone to Corvallis I guess to the Saturday Market or maybe hiked Bald Hill at least. I can't afford to do much. I read books, and check my vegetable plants and clean my traps.

I do now especially wish I still lived in Corvallis, with everything going so extremely expensive. There's plenty to do, for exercise and healthy eating, right there real close, so close you don't even need to use a car. There's nothing like that here. Twice a month I go to Winco, in either Corvallis or Salem, to shop for food. And that's about the extent of any shopping I do, outside of getting a few items now and then at Home Depot or Coastal Farms.

As for the day, there's something to be said for a nice lazy day and napping leisurely with kittens. Very restful and no stress to the day whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...