Monday, March 17, 2008

Torn on Presidential Vote

I am watching the three players in this election and I don't want to vote for any of them. Conservatives these days are so full of conflicting notions. Here's one: don't raise taxes when a war is going on costing trillions. That war has to be paid for, for gosh sakes. Well, we are paying for it, in a collapsing economy. And what happens if America really needs money, but is on the outs with the likes of our usual suspect lenders, China, etc?

Conservatives can't seem to seperate religion and politics. If a person's religion believes something, that person won't vote for a candidate that won't push their beliefs on every American.

I can't believe the conservatives top morality issues are still abortion and homosexuality. As a woman, I want conservatives out of policy making for my body.


I read an anguished story about a Corvallis woman, who had a late stage abortion to save her own life and her ability to bear children in the future. Her baby had severe defects and was not going to live. Banning abortions for any reason as some of these dipshit crackpots wish, is barbaric to women.

Such horribly painful decisions need to stay between a woman and her doctor. Not between a woman and the conservative American Taliban next door.

Conservative obsession with abortion is whacky, considering they seem to hate some kids, like low income kids, homosexual kids, or children of welfare mothers after they're actually born. What gives on that, I wonder?

So I consider right wing religious whack jobs basically in the same light I consider fanatical Muslim whack jobs. They're dangerous. They feel they are so right they would kill to push a message. Control freaks.

But do I wander happily into the Democratic camp then? No, I don't. I don't even know what the Democrats believe in. Social programs? You mean, like the ones that stole 30 years of my life, shut me away, forcibly drugged me, abused me, and beat me nearly to death? You mean like those social programs? You support those? Kind of like killer pro lifers, in so many ways.

The extreme left and the extreme right have lots in common.

I'm looking for a no nonsense candidate, fiscally responsible, with the balls to send the lobbyists packing, maybe even an athetist or at least one who isn't pushing his or her variety of religion from his Presidential pulpit, who will serve this country and all Americans, and the free world, for the common good and with an eye to the future.

Not going to happen because of the type of people drawn to the kind of power and publicity given the President of the United States. People who lust after that may be distorted to begin with. We may never get a sane President from any party.

Not one of the three candidates now running fits my bill. What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...