Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Six cats Fixed Today

Six cats were fixed today at Countryside, funded by Poppa Inc, except for one $15 donation put toward the bill. I can't show pictures because my camera is toast. One was an HTN boy, a gray and white male I trapped behind the house of a couple very sweet old women. I met them when doing the HTN door to door, trying to locate unfixed cats. One woman is over 90 and has just one leg. Her neice lives with her and helps care for her, although she herself is in her mid 70's. They feed a few strays. One of them is the boy who was neutered today.

I caught two others behind their house, but both were owned and I released them because the old women told me they were owned across the street. So today I talked to the two households involved with the owned cats. One is a single mom. She has two rescued unfixed cats Someone where she lived before asked her to watch the cats while he went on a trip, then he never returned for them. When he left the area altogether, he refused to get the cats again. When this woman moved again, she brought them with her.

The beautiful long hair orange male I trapped is already neutered but they have a beautiful smoke female who isn't.

Anyhow, there are two more the old women feed who are strays for sure that I need to catch.

It's like a big cat soap opera I'm caught inside eternally. But it's really quite interesting.

Anyhow, so that was one of the cats, the HTN male.

The other five are all from the Corvallis Whitey2 colony. Four whites, one black. One whitey and the blackey were preggie.

The other three whiteys done today were males. The whitey fixed yesterday was a male. I have another whitey here to be fixed Friday. So far, from Whitey2 Colony, six cats have been fixed, four of them males. I have a seventh in a live trap in my garage and will be trapping, hopefully, the final four tomorrow. So the final five, I am hoping beyond hope, will be fixed Friday. There are still two manxes their neighbor feeds. Once they are caught, that will end that area's cat issue. 14 cats in all. 15 if the neighbors fix their own tame male.

Six cats. Four males. Two preggie females. One from HTN. Five more from Whitey2 in Corvallis.

A new yard stray is slinking around outside late on the prowl for food. I set my trap but caught my neighbors instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Strayer,
    Cheysuli mentioned your camera problem on the Cat Blogosphere. I have a old digital that's nothing fancy and is a bit of a battery eater (rechargeables would help with that), but I'd be happy to send it to you. If you want it, email me at catsnmom AT houseofthemostlyblackcats(dot)com
    Good work with the kitties
    :)
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

The Wolverine Visits Linn County

 I don't know if its the same Oregon touring wandering wolverine that was seen yesterday outside Lebanon on Golden Valley road.   The wa...