Wednesday, February 13, 2008

May Have Located Killer Dog

I don't know for sure if the killer dog is the one someone has described that lives near them. The woman contacted me because she lives close to the area where the HTN colony was decimated by a free roaming retriever/lab mix medium to long hair dog who killed a lot of wonderful cats. This woman also had an outside cat disappear and has a neighbor down the road with a dog that matches the killer dog's description.

When she heard of the dog's rampage she was concerned for her children and also because she too lost a cat. Of course, we don't know yet if the dog near her is the killer.

I told her she should just call the police if she thinks it is the dog and gave her the old man's number, too.

If it is the dog, justice needs served. If it isn't, I'll keep searching.

Last night I was out there, in that neighborhood, half the night or more, with a piece of rebar, some pepper spray and attitude. I hoped to spot that killer dog and I was prepared to tackle the dog and kill the dog with my bare hands if I had to. I likely would have ended up in intensive care. Or laid out dead in the old man's yard for him to find the next morning. But I was going to guard the surviving cats at all costs last night.

The wrath of a cat woman hath no fear.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the killer dog is apprehended soon and that things get better for you soon as well.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you, and thanks again for all the love and caring you show to my cousins in the wild! The world really needs more people like you Strayer!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday

 Sunday I was so slow getting going after the late night Saturday. But after cleaning litterboxes, giving KMR to kittens, feeding the ferals...