Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oregonians, Forget Gitmo, What About Horrors in Oregon?

Click the post title to read Oregonian story about the feds scathing report of patient treatment and civil rights violations at Oregon State Hospital. These horrors have been going on forever. This is the place where I suffered horribly, and became so angry with the state I finally mustered the guts to read a letter detailing the abuses I endured at the state "hospital" to the director himself. He got nervous, offered me a cookie and left the room. I cannot believe they are allowed to call this House of Horrors a hospital.

What further frustrated me then and even now is the liberals focus on pain and suffering, abuses of civil rights, anywhere but in Oregon. They care about what happens to terror suspects held in Cuba, but seem to not blink at the gross abuses that go on right here in Oregon, to mental patients.

I'm sure it's much easier to claim to care about things far away. I have had it out with liberals before, who have told me, if the war is ended, then more money can be funneled to social programs. I had said, "Let me tell you some stories about some of those social programs." I talked about the abuse I'd received in the mental health system, but they weren't interested. "You say the government can't run decent foreign policy or war, but why would you think that same government could run efficient, humane, effective social programs?"

I get no answer to these questions.

Anyhow, it is wrong these abuses have gone on in our social system right here in Oregon, at a place labeled a "hospital". Needs changed. Find out more. Go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...