Friday, December 21, 2007

Tulip Gets Her Home. 3 Males Fixed Today. Seven Kittens to be Fixed Tomorrow.



Tulip got a home this evening. It's been in the works for two weeks and she finally went. We will miss her here very much. Tulip is from the Hate Thy Neighbor colony. She, her sister, and Weed were huddled dying in an old camper extremely ill with pneumonia and herpes virus. Tulip's sister died. I force fed Weed and Tulip and gave them sub cu fluids for a week, before they finally began eating on their own. Still, Tulip had a "blue" swollen eye, from herpes. I was sure she would lose it. It's been a long haul. And now, my little Tulip is going to her own home. Her brother, Weed, left last week for his home.

The first photo above is of the three, just before I took them, huddled very ill, inside the camper shell. The second photo is of Weed and Tulip playing together about ten days ago. I will miss that pair!

I got three males fixed from downtown Albany today. I'd gotten four cats from the same house fixed a couple weeks ago. One male kitten left to go there. They would never have gotten them fixed.

Tomorrow, the remaining six stable kittens will be fixed, as will be Matilda, from the Slophouse colony, which is only one block from Tulip's colony. Matilda is going to a home tomorrow night. She has drastically improved since she came here. I had feared she had a heart murmur or even a hepatic shunt problem, since she was so listless. But it was just that she was overloaded in roundworms. She has been doing incredibly well lately.

In other news, I had asked the Corvallis colony caretakers if I could adopt out the tiny tame gray female kitten from there. I've gotten about 30 fixed for them now. They said "no", because they'd cared for her since she was tiny. Well, sort of. They cared for five. The rest died. She would have died also, had I not wormed her. She pooped out so many dead roundworms after that worming, I couldn't believe it. Then I tapewormed her, with similar results.

I had a conversation with the woman about proper care of pets. That house is trash ridden. They don't let her in the main part of the house, just the filthy cat feces lined laundry room. They can't take care of themselves and should have no pets until they get their act together. But she wanted her back, said she wouldn't have ever known about worms unless I had told her.

She said when I returned her today, if she wasn't home the laundry room would be open. It wasn't open when I went to return her. Someone was upstairs however, and they stared down at me from the bedroom but would not come down to let me hand over their allegedly precious pet kitten, now fixed, courtesy of others. I knocked and knocked. When the person in the room upstairs would see me looking at them looking at me, they'd try to duck out of sight. I left in disgust.

They've gotten over 2 grand in free fixing, vaccinations, parasite treatment, but can't even be there to take back there kitten. Not only that, they won't answer the door, when I come all the way over with it, when they're home.

I am going to leave them a message that they need to come pick up their kitten or start paying boarding costs. $10 per night. They'll be outraged I bet. Isn't that funny to think about, that they might be outraged? It is hysterical!

They don't do a thing to get all those cats fixed, then somebody does it for them, on their time, on their dime, having to step through their trash and filth, that they could clean up, but don't, to do it. And they'll be outraged, I bet, that they are expected to come pick up their own kitten, fixed and paid for, by someone else.

Well anyway. So it goes in catland.

1 comment:

  1. drop me an email at nthofpril@gmail.com ok?

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...