Monday, December 24, 2007

Goodbye Graham and Chirp.

Chirp and Graham just got a home together with a very wonderful Philomath family. Both boys came from very bad situations. Graham comes from the Corvallis colony, where just yesterday, when returning Boo and a tame gray tiny female kitten, after they were fixed, because the caretakers wanted them back, I found a cat leg, devoid of flesh, although there was some fur left on the foot. The cat had been killed by either a dog or predator. They're all fixed now there, at least, thanks to me and Poppa Inc. Graham had no future there, so this was his Christmas miracle.

Likewise for Chirp, who came from a similar situation. Over forty cats being fed by a kind old man. All resulting from neighborhood barely noticed house cats and their completely unnoticed offspring breeding. Most there now too are fixed, thanks to me and Poppa Inc.

Good luck Graham and Chirp. May better lives for you ensue.

Graham, while here after his neuter surgery and prior to being adopted today, by a wonderful Philomath family.
Teens peer at me, from the colony were Graham comes from, where he had no real future.
Graham and his sisters gobble food I put out, where he used to live.
Chirp, when younger, held in a cage in the garage of the colony caretaker.
Chirp a few days ago, just after his neuter, which occurred at the Springfield Neuterscooter clinic. Now, Chirp has been adopted.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Jody. The cats and I are sleeping in tomorrow morning...well, I'm going to try to. Cats don't know the difference, weekday, weekend, holiday, it's just another day to wake mom up for breakfast at 5 am. Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 a.m. Oh my god. Drug yourself. Or them. Sleep in! Sometimes, when my cats won't let me sleep, when I really need it, I go out into my garage and sleep in the back of my car. Or I drive to the rest area, just north of Albany, to spread out and sleep, in peace, in the back of my car. It's so wonderful, like a little vacation. And sometimes, there's even free coffee at the rest area, for travelers.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...