Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mickey in his new Home

Check out these lovely photos of Mickey, in his new Canadian home!


Today, after returning the five cats fixed yesterday from the Millersburg C&G colony, I trapped four more from the same colony. It took some time, because most are now fixed. I used the drop trap. Those trapped for fixing tomorrow: an adult torti, a teenage muted torbi, another all gray, this one medium hair, and a silver tabby.

I also went back to the Millersburg County colony. There were reportedly three teens there, needing fixed, plus an adult male. Now, that is one huge area to attempt to locate unfixed teens, plus most of the cats, over two dozen in total, are already fixed. I did see all three teens and was able to trap one of them, at least.

Tomorrow I will return the boiler room female, and, hopefully, try once again to trap the mother of the four tiny kittens, three of them Siamese. Willy Wonka and Simba's mother.

I also have a new colony, seven cats in total, I need to start, for Friday's fixes. And, a family wants to adopt all three Siamese I have: Willy Wonka, Simba and Little Miss Sunshine. I've been hanging onto Little Miss Sunshine for a woman who has repeatedly missed appointments she made to come get her. And now I haven't heard from her again, since she missed Sunday's date, due to illness. So I think it's now time to let Miss Sunshine go to someone else. The family sounds wonderful. Hopefully, they really are. And they will return Simba and Willy on December 16, so they can be fixed December 17 at the Neuterscooter clinic.

I will miss Little Miss Sunshine. She's been here since mid summer. She would have adopted out quickly, but, after her spay, she came down with severe conjunctivitis. She got over that, only to catch the ringworm that went around amongst the kittens. She endured 10 weeks of three times weekly anti fungal baths, and got over the ringworm, too. So she's had a rough time, and now, at last, is getting a home. I sure hope it's a good one.

5 comments:

  1. mickey looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he looks unbelievably happy and she took those very shortly after he arrived. Seems he adjusted quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to you're working with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pix of Mickey - we are so thrilled for him!! And I too hope Little Miss Sunshine gets the best home - she deserves one!! (and she deserved all the help you gave her - you are Petr angel!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Miss Sunshine is still here. The family decided two kittens was enough, and took Simba and Willy, leaving Little Miss Sunshine here. Well, if they were taking two, best to take brothers, I would think. They are returning the 16th of December. They'll be neutered at the Neuterscooter clinic in Corvallis the 17th, so I'll get to keep them a couple days again. That'll be nice.

    Marianne, the Canadian, says Mickey has "died and gone to heaven" he seems so happy there. I am so happy for him, so thankful a wonderful woman whose life is helping animals and people, took him in. I don't have to worry about him, like I might with many adoptors, whom I don't know or who have little experience with animals.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...