Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cats Fixed Yesterday and an Albany Stray Finds His Way to Me

Four of the cats fixed yesterday, courtesy of Poppa Inc, came from a rural location between Corvallis and Albany off Highway 34. The woman feeds several strays but only seven of them were not yet fixed. She had gotten the others fixed herself, but ran out of money.

She obeyed the guidelines I gave her to a T. Most people don't. Most people won't even participate themselves.

After I took the first four off, we left traps set and caught two of the three remaining cats Friday mid day. I then went over and transferred those two to a containment cage, since I don't have reservations again until Tuesday.

I then instructed her to set two more traps and to withhold food. She caught the last cat along with the cats mother, in one trap. The cats mother was already fixed. I applied Revolution, which had been donated, to the mother, and released her, and transferred the last unfixed teen to a cage she has inside her house. I will pick up those three for fixing tomorrow. She had an old ring drop Tru Catch transfer trap in her barn and donated it to me, also.

The fifth cat fixed Friday was a torti teen from the Millersburg C&G colony. When returning her, I found her sister, fixed two weeks ago, dead, out front of their house, on Conser. People drive like speed demons on Conser. I was angry to see that little girl dead, head smashed, like that, like she didn't matter. I took her off the road.

Last winter, a woman who lives about 3/4 mile from here trapped a bunch of strays she and neighbors were feeding. I would then transport them up to be fixed. One of them was a very messed up looking white male, wild and just a mess. Well, he's found his way over here now, to eat, and for daily petting. Yesterday, he allowed me to clean his earmite infested ears. I also applied revolution, which kills earmites. When he first showed up, I didn't recall him at first, but I was thrilled to see his right eartip. You see that eartip and you know, that cat is fixed.The torbi teen, from the Millersburg colony. I took the photo when she was fixed. She is now dead. She's the young kitty I found dead on Conser yesterday.
She is to the left of the drop trap in this photo I took a few days ago, when after some of the unfixed cats left at the colony.
Whitey, the big male, fixed last winter 3/4 mile away, who has found his way to my yard.
Black tux Hinck male.
Black tux Hinck female.
Brown tabby tux Hinck female.
Orange Hinck male.
Millersburg C&G colony torti teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...