Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beautiful

I hiked at Bald Hill today. The day was glorious. The exercise was wonderful for my body and spirit. I love that beautiful park. I miss it so much. I live now in Albany.

I went over to trap a cat off West Hills Road. I set the trap, then went for a hike in nearby Bald Hill Park. When I got back from the hike and stopped by the complex where the cat has been living, the woman said "Perfect timing. He went into the trap a few minutes ago." The cat is a massive Siamese male. At some point, he was owned. Now he's fed by tenants.

When I returned the four Gore colony cats this morning, I spotted the black female and also an adult muted calico. So I drop trapped them. Skippy, the white and orange kitten who I had here for a time, was limping. I wonder what happened to him.

I then returned the Hate Thy Neighbor orange and white male, fixed yesterday. The caretaker had been successful in trapping one of the two black cats left unfixed. We're down to only three or four cats left unfixed at that colony.

The black cat will be cat number 26 fixed there, I think. But also I have removed 8 kittens, three of whom died. Three went into foster way down in Oakridge. Two are here. So that makes 35 cats in total trapped or grabbed there, if you also include the very sick orange male, who was euthanized. There are, however, several cats hanging around a house across the street. I don't believe any of those are fixed. I have not been able to catch those folks at home yet, to talk to them about the cats, see if I can get them to agree to getting them fixed, if they even claim them as theirs. They could be strays also hanging out there. I don't know.

And there are some cats fed down the street that the woman wants trapped and fixed. I haven't talked to her myself yet and it may be she is feeding some if not all the same cats as the old man is feeding. Their places are only three houses apart. So anyhow, the street of nightmares isn't that bad afterall.

The calico, spayed yesterday, is going to a barn home tomorrow. She was the one formerly fed by a downtown Albany tenant who moved. As for the brown tabby female, one of her own cats she left behind too, I have no options for her. I wish I did. I wish that woman, who took one of her cats with her, would come claim her too. Fat chance, I suppose. I've become so cynical.

The day was gorgeous. I didn't waste it. It was great to have an opportunity to take a walk in the woods while trapping over in Corvallis. Corvallis residents, you are so lucky, to have that park and so many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...