Friday, September 21, 2007

Knee Pain Back

Last night, when I finally got home, I was going to take it easy, watch something on TV, go to bed early. I no sooner sat down on the couch, finally, after doing all the evening cleaning, than my right knee began to hurt badly, right on the top of it. Then I fell asleep on the couch.

When I woke up, it was midnight. I moved to my bed, but my knee hurt very badly again, not just on the top, but behind my knee if I moved it. I propped it on a pillow with ice bags and finally fell asleep. This morning, it hurts more behind my knee than in the front.

I had panicked thoughts last night, of being unable to walk, and thinking of all the work that needs done around here, to care for all these rescued cats, every single day. I've been panicky lately anyhow. I can't seem to adopt any of them out. I run ads on craigslist and post fliers everywhere. They're on petfinder. Yet I rarely get a serious adoptor phone call.

So I am panicked all right. I can't add all these kittens and teens to my permanent cats here. It's too much for me, too expensive, too much work, and too cat crowded. I don't think the cat yard here will ever be completed. It's very doubtful, so the cats are confined to this small house, and it's hard.

I can't compete well with the shelters and rescues who have adoption venues where the cats can be seen. I have to figure out how to do that.

I don't have help. I don't have people I can call if I can't walk due to a bad knee to do the work here to care for and clean up after the rescued cats. The thing I have to do is find the kittens and teens homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...