Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mona Lisa Smiles


Mona Lisa--dilute torbi kitten from Beazall County Park.

She had very little to smile about up until a day ago. When she got into my trap, she was a desperate little girl---alone, starving and dehyrdrated.

The Beazall County park caretakers are friends of mine. They e-mailed me two weeks ago, saying there was a mother cat with kittens out there, but that they would be leaving the next morning.

I thought they'd be gone only a couple of days. They won't feed the cats because they like the birds. Well, they ended up gone for two weeks and I didn't know then that they were not feeding them. I had agreed to trap and remove them so I figured and had asked that they feed them in the meantime.

I was overwhelmed here at the time with the diarrhea kittens in my bathroom.

Well, this little girl, who ran up the driveway and into their shed, then into a trap in the shed, is perhaps the only survivor. There were three kittens and a mother, apparently who had been dumped. The mother and two of the kittens apparently have died, either of starvation or predators got them.

This kitten was suffering from extreme starvation and dehydration. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...