Monday, December 20, 2010

Sick

I came down with an extreme cold two days ago. It was not sudden onset. I could feel it coming, and I could feel the sting of something going on in my lower sinuses, through the roof of my mouth. Before that, even my upper teeth hurt and I had strange aches and pains throughout my body.

I haven't had a cold in a long time. I'd forgotten the pre symptoms. Yesterday, I was miserable, head stuffed up, facial nerves inflamed and painful from open mouth breathing, dripping nose, sneezing. I used my neti pot repeatedly and resorted to NyQuil for sleep last night. I got so cold during the day, then I'd be too warm.

I've been worried about Forest. She wants to live. I remembered how she trembled so, when I took her to the vet last week. She was so scared. I took her out of the carrier to hold her and reassure her. I don't want her to die.

I sat with her in the bathroom late into last night. She laid on my lap, belly up, happy as a clam to be cuddled so. She is over her ringworm. So is Scraggles who will be renamed soon, and so is Zuli. I think Rainy is too, but needs to grow her hair back to look like the sweet little girl she is inside.

I have decided Forest will be spayed. If her problem is a heart so bad she can't pump blood back up from her extremeties, she will die under anesthesia. If her belly is full of blood, from a ruptured vessel, I'll hope they can find it and cauterize it off and I'll pay for that some way. If they think the fluid in her belly is consistent with FIP fluid, I'll ask they euthanize her under anesthesia, so she'll never wake up.

I have an adoption interest in Matilda, clear from the coast, and am crossing my fingers. Matilda would love a home. I am concerned she might behave too shy at first, since I don't get many humans in here to interact. I told them that. If they want to work with her, and she comes around quickly, that'd be great. If they don't, well, I understand that too. She's a gorgeous cat. Lots of hair, that's for sure.

Stinod is doing ok in her new home. They said the first night, they heard some bumping around, like she was feeling out the room she was in. She hides a lot, they said, but comes out to be brushed and rolls around in ecstasy when they brush her. I am so happy about her getting such a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...