Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Obsessed

I can't leave the lost Siamese situation alone. I went up early early this morning, after sleeping most of yesterday afternoon and evening. I saw a cat twice, looked white from a distance, but not sure it wasn't the tabby on white, just don't know. No luck trapping. Had people and dog trouble again.

A little mini dark old pickup with white canopy pulled in. The two people went to the restrooms, then disappeared into the field. I just knew they'd seen the trap in their headlights. I drove back around and they were hurrying into their truck. I went to look at the trap and it had been kicked several feet and, of course, sprung. Golly gee whiz!

Next came a man who turned loose his big dog to run in the field. The cats know there are dogs in that field all night long, most of them loose, so those poor cats have little chance at all. The man stood out in the dark of the field, legs apart. I think he was also taking a piss.

Remember, this is very important. Never let your kids play at a rest area in the grass and never eat at the picnic tables. I have a new vision of rest areas now, as one big giant toilet, for man and beast.

Someone told me, after watching the dog crapping event, held there constantly, that maybe ODOT should disinfect the entire rest area, close it down for a weekend, douse the fields and tables and everything in clorox. She was joking.

So, yes, I am obsessed with finding that Siamese. Sure, I see a white cat there, but it could be the tabby on white. During the day, there's no sense even trying, due to all the people, but more importantly, all the dogs. I'll probably give up. I'm no good at catching her obviously. I wish I could. I want her to have a happy ending. What a horror, to be a loved cherished house cat and suddenly be on your own in a wild area like that.

The kitten I caught there is leaving tomorrow. The black adult and gray adult male are leaving Friday and I may have a home for Button and Grasshopper. That means I will be down to the two adult females and three kittens in the bedroom. I am hoping Keni's group up there, that she works with, will take in the two adult females, Candy and Auntie at least. I had hoped they would have room also for Tugs and Matilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...