Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fantasy Revenge Didn't Last Long

Click post title to go to KATU News story about a woman, who went on a State Fair spending spree, using her ex employers' credit card. This is a fantasy shared, no doubt, by many a disgruntled employee. Maybe she'd been rightfully fired.

In other news, a Portland woman was arrested for embezzling almost a million buckeroos from the nursing home where she worked, causing the nursing home financial woes during the time she stole so much money. That's one way to make an extra income.

I don't get why they don't lock such people up for ages, stealing that much. Often embezzlers don't do much time at all, compared to say your local loser stealing a six pack from the corner Circle K.

I guess embezzlers are pretty much upstanding citizens. They're often well educated and either book keepers or accountants, often women. I also heard bank robbery is on the rise nationwide.

Well, maybe I should embezzle something to fund spay/neuter, or rob a bank. Sorry to say, I'm not the type to do well at either. I'd mess up. I'd mess it up badly.

I would end up feeling sorry for the bank tellers and slipping them big wads of the stolen cash, knowing they get only minimum wage, generally, and probably can't even afford to fix their cats.

I'd probably try to slip the cops arresting me some cash, too, knowing many of them don't get paid much. But cops aren't empathetic or understanding by and large, so I'd just get charged with attempted bribery, too, adding to my mess-up-the-bank-robbery woes.

I'm just no good at illegal activity and I'd be no good at robbing anybody either, because I have empathy. You can't be a good robber if you're empathetic. You better choose another career route. There aren't many available career routes for the empathetic soul to take, let me tell you.

I think a lot of empathetic souls end up living and drinking under bridges. I think that's where I'll eventually end up once again---living under some rocks by a river, just like where I lived when I began this whole cat journey.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, Jody, I hope somebody starts helpin' you out soon with the great work you're doing helping those poor kitties. Your story makes us realize how lucky we are to live in a county that really values its SPCA and spay-neuter programs.
    Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, could you please email me. I lost my entire address book and am starting from scratch.
    I posted about the sweet momma kitty who had surgery today to remove her poor eye. I've had donations coming into my Paypal just for you.
    We need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jody - keep being strong - you won't end up under rocks. you can achieve your goals! the road may be difficult but that;s what makes it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...