Wednesday, October 25, 2017

So Long to My Bright and Shining Star--Miss Daisy


Miss Daisy is gone. 

She died peacefully at the coast vet clinic yesterday.  She had been in severe decline, but then rebounded.  She had trouble breathing and could only walk a few feet before flopping over to gasp for air.   Still, she wanted to be part of everything.

I took her to the ocean first.   I was sobbing, you see, and could not go directly to the clinic.  I opened the car door, and let her see the ocean.  She was her usual self, forgetting her ailments, and wanted up and out to see it, but could only tolerate the sharp coastal breeze for moments before wanting back in her carrier.  Underneath her favorite blanket I had a warming frisbee nestled.

I miss her so.  She was an optimist and a joy, who taught me to love life and let the little things slide away.

I'm not religious.  Certainly Miss Daisy was not.

 I know that matter cannot be destroyed only rearranged.

 Miss Daisy is under rearrangement.  I will look for her in all things bright and beautiful.


14 comments:

  1. My condolences on Miss Daisy's passing. What is good is never lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry. There are no words. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:42 AM

    Very sad but what a life you gave her. I like your rearrangement of matter thinking, and that is all it really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest in peace, Miss Daisy, while your matter is being rearranged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always hard to lose a friend, no matter what species.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful to the end. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you don't mind me sharing a link to this, her lovely image, and some words in her memory on my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She'll always be a part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:22 PM

    I am so sorry for your loss. Miss Daisy was blessed by you, as you were her. You are right. She is there, in everything that you love. Peace...and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daisy was a beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been by your blog in a long while and now find I'm back at a very sad time. When I hear of someone else's loss it always bring back the sadness and grief of losing my own little best friend after 19 years. But as bad as the pain was and is, I wouldn't have traded one moment of my time with him to have been spared it. I'm sure you feel the same with Miss Daisy, and for her it made all the difference that she was cared for and loved by you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May we all die mercifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've watched your video of your beautiful Miss Daisy repeatedly, noting that she was so ill that her head is unsteady. How very sad.

    All of my dogs loved the beach, and Bonnie Blue (our heeler) loved water in any form. When she got to where she no longer wanted to attack the jet of water from our garden hose (something she had formerly loved to do in even the coldest weather), I knew she was nearing the end. I've never lost a person to death who caused me as much grief as my pets. My mother was my saddest human loss, but after a year and a half, I was over her. I'm never "over" a pet.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...