Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Before I go to Sleep.....

I better update with Monday's load of cats who went off to be fixed in Salem, at Willamette Humane's spay neuter clinic.  Their program for feral/stray cats is absolutely lifesaving and terrific.

So, I netted Big Orange Boy, Hazel's basement free loader, a stray who wandered in and made himself at home.  He'd even go upstairs and play by himself with cat toys she has for her other cats.  Nobody wanted to play with him.  He's not fixed and smells like he's ready to fight anybody anytime.  So her other cats gave him a very wide berth.

Poor Bob.  Something needed done (or removed).

So Sunday evening I went over with my trusty home made fish net.  He was an easy net to be honest.  I thought he'd fight it like the dickens and maybe shred it.  It's old netting on the hoop by now.  Originally it was a volleyball net.  I got the netting at Goodwill and rigged it onto an old hoop.

Did the job again with Bob.  Once he was in the net and a towel over him, he didn't budge.  It was easy then to let him out into the back end of a transfer trap.  That was that.  Bob's back home now---neutered, vaccinated and parasite free!!!

Looking Good, Bob!


Then Lola got fixed too.  I loaned traps to some Sodaville folks who wanted to make sure the cats they were feeding didn't end up producing more cats.   She'd had kittens, the vet report said, but is not lactating.   Well, maybe next we'll be trapping the kittens, if she brings them to the food too.

Lola, fixed yesterday.
Then Diana rounded up the last four of six from a Halsey situation.  The other two were fixed a week ago.  This four included two calicos, one in heat, and two boys.

Leslie from Halsey.  Isn't she beautiful?

Mama Kitty was in heat at spay

The lady feeding these cats named this boy Lucifer.  I don't know why.  Lucifer is fixed now.  Which is good.

Heathen, fixed now also.

Diana also picked up a kitten on Seven Mile outside Brownsville, yet another calico, this one long hair, and Rosy was fixed too.

Rosy was also spayed yesterday.
All four girls fixed were calicos!!!!

Well, right after dropping them off, after helping KATA unload about 12 more cats from the Cascadia Homeless camp colony (36 they've caught to be fixed there now), I headed on back to the Salem colony.  I don't know how many are left needing fixed there.   But over yesterday and today, we caught seven more.  That's pretty good.  They're getting fixed tomorrow and that's why I need to go to bed right now.  This will be 27 fixed there.

Pictures of them later.  For now, night night.

Shaun White won gold!  Made me happy.  Maybe because he's old, relatively speaking.   I always like to see come backs.




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:37 AM

    Lola looked very cross. More fine work by yourself. I hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Lucifer was named after the current television series. Those folks might be fans. I know I'd like to watch it after seeing a music video style promotion but we can't view whatever platform airs it (perhaps Hulu?). I can't keep up with all the available subscription services. ~grin~ These are fantastic successes! ~hugs~ I'm glad at least some folks try to work with you and do what's right. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shaun White win was pretty exciting--especially for an "old" 31 year old guy.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...