Monday, December 04, 2017

Success!

I caught the black tux last night, the one I'd been after, whose feeders moved.

I didn't trap all day like I had been, but left it til evening, after driving up to Sweet Home to pick up four trailer park cats. 

The trailer park is a far cry as far as cat population, from what it used to be.  I don't know exactly how many I've gotten fixed there since I started, two years ago.  Lots.   Tenants have come and gone.  Cats have been left but not many. 

There may be only two unfixed cats left in the park.  One of them is owned and the other is a black male stray I intended to trap yesterday but I got going too late, after doing chores and lounging all morning.

The cats roaming around are all looking good, healthy and sporting those ear tips, like badges of courage.

So I took the four and called it good.
Grem, from the trailer park

Smokey from the trailer park also being fixed today at whs.

Noname from the trailer park, being fixed today.

Shadow from the trailer park, also being fixed today

And on the way back to my place, I set two traps instead of one, at the house where the black tux used to be fed, and where many neighbor cats eat too.  I set both in places I had not set the trap before, to throw the now very hungry black tux off some, and spread catnip about, to further mess up his mind.

Two hours later I came back to check the trap and there he was.  He's a massive boy, well fed I'd say, but he was not happy at all.  I hoisted him into the back of the car and was whooping and hollering for joy inside.   I did my happy dance once home, out in the driveway.

He's up at the clinic today with the four Sweet Home teens and McLagan Road kittens Wren and Cheetah.  They are leaving me tomorrow, going to a nice cat lady in town here.
Cheetah from Mclagan Road, being fixed today.  She has blossomed into the most fun and loving kitten.


Wren from McLagan Road.  I used to call her Meadow.  I love her so.  She is getting fixed today.

As for Jackal, as I named the black tux, he's leaving from the clinic to go to my friend who places barn cats.  She's meeting me there, which is nice of her.

Jackal!  I got him!
So I got that big boy and it made me happy.  I was also cheered totally after seeing all those cats, long fixed now, with their ear tips, playing, well fed and happy at the trailer park.  Fixing the cats there has made such a huge difference.   I just wanted to cry, out of happiness, to see it.

8 comments:

  1. HOORAY.
    And I hear you on the happy tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm happy I got that one done.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You do good work everyday, but it's especially nice when you can see the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, wasn't as pleasant when I returned the cats. I just sat there, outside the trailer, people on the trailer porch and they made no move to come get their cats. I finally asked them to. They took in a couple, then I hear banging and crashing for a lengthy time. They don't come back out. I hear something on the other side, go look, and I see a back door open, hear a drill going. I finally knock, and one guy claims she's trying to keep the cats in, there's more crashes and I realize drugs are involved in this event tonight. I wonder what to do, debate in my mind but cannot think of what I should do, wondered if I should just leave with the other two cats. Anyhow was not a pleasant return.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:06 PM

    It must be very satisfying to have caught the black tux after trying so hard. Happier cats and happier people too, I should think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is and isn't because placing wild cats in outside homes, it doesn't work out that often. I don't like to send them off.

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow. Spreading catnip is brilliant! Glad you got to lounge a little for a change. I could cry out of joy for your happiness.

    Thanks for giving me a chuckle on my blog about being woken at 5am. You're already on your way at that hour if you have animals in need of saving. ~hugs~ Great work! Oh, and Noname when pronounced with Japanese cadence (No-Nah-May) sounds pretty in my head. ~grin~ Hope you're having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that pronunciation of Noname.

      Delete

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...