Monday, November 13, 2017

Windy Day

We've got a big windstorm blowing right now here where I live.

I heard something of it yesterday but there were not clear cut forecasts then.  That's my excuse for forgetting all about it.

I hope the maple tree holds, is all I can say, or ever say, if we have wind going on.

I tried to get some pellet fuel at the feed store for litter after dropping off five cats to be fixed in Salem this morning early, but the gates were locked. 

I went to the 7-11 then, thinking I'd get a cup of coffee, but the employees sat out front, to tell people they were closed because they have had no power since 2:00 a.m.  I figured then maybe the feed store has none either.

Last week, the old catmobile sold.  Not for much but it is gone and the money went directly to the woman who gave me the loan for the new old car. I still owe her quite a lot.  Makes me nervous.

 The new old car has problems now too.  The electronic door lock for the drivers side sometimes does not let me out of the car, only popping halfway up, not fully unlocking.  Then I have to crawl out the passenger side.  Most of the time it works, half the time it doesn't.

It might be related to a badly installed DVD player in the back seat roof area of the new old car.  It doesn't work and the clip holding the screen part of it up is long broken so the screen sags down.  Sometimes it is lit up and sometimes not, so I assume bad wiring job and it needs gone.

The kittens are doing well rescued from the middle of a rural road, the ones who were so dehydrated and starving and cold.   Four in all.  I finally settled on names.  The only boy, the buff orange tux, I call him Copper.  He was the last one rescued and he owes his life to a Circle K clerk.   Then there's Winnie the gray tabby girl, and the classic torti, Cheetah and the muted torti, Meadow.

Copper

Meadow

Winnie


I'll get photos up later of the five cats being fixed today. Four are all from the same place in Sweet Home, then there is Raspberry, a Siamese female, and number 8 I think it is, fixed from around one trailer near Sodaville.  One more to get done there and they'll all be fixed.  But at least Raspberry is getting done, leaving only one male kitten unfixed there right now.

So I'm happy about that, no more kittens born to die there, and the fixed remaining cats are looking really good.

In other news, the leaf collectors haven't come yet, during this pickup period, which extends from the 6 to the 17th.  They have to come at some point during the next four days.

My pile was long and high but I swear its half composted out there on the street by now.  And the piles others have put out are blown half around. 



Well, I hope the tree branches stay on the trees and my power doesn't go out.  This storm will be gone by evening.

UPDATE:   All HAIL THE LEAF COLLECTORS!!!  Leaves are GONE BABY GONE!!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hope the power stays on and nothing gets damaged on your property. Our next door neighbor had a tree branch break through their bathroom ceiling a few weeks ago. Great job with the kittens. I'm sorry that woman who gave the loan makes you nervous. I once refused loaning thousands of dollars to a close friend. I couldn't afford it if she couldn't repay that much and didn't want our relationship ruined. My father taught me to never loan money I couldn't afford to loose; best to consider it a gift. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't make me nervous at all. She's no pressure. It makes me nervous to owe any debt, is what I meant. In less than five months, I've paid off almost half the loan. Now I have two jars of change to turn in too, to pay off probably another $80 and a refund coming on car insurance. So its happening.

      Delete
  2. I hope that the storm treats you very lightly. And expect that everyone's leaf piles will be blown around the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:37 PM

    They are all looking very healthy and fit. I hope your hat does not blow off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear my hat when it's windy. I have a rain hat, a sun hat and a warm cap for snow and freezing weather. I rarely wear any of the three.

      Delete
  4. Good luck. I hope you weather the storm well.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...