Monday, May 09, 2016

White Sophie and Black Molly

Today, the first two cats in the 10,000 Cat Fix project are, well, getting fixed.

White Sophie and Black Molly.

LOL.

The two tame kitty spays, with vaccines, flea treatment, worming and microchips, will cost my nonprofit, the Happy Cat Club, $80.  If you would like to contribute to the 10,000 Cat Fix project, click that "Donate" button on the upper right of my blog!  Every fix marches us into a better future.

Sophie's kittens went to Heartland last week.  She'd had a few too many litters in her life.

Molly is just a teen and her four kittens need fixed also.  The boy is over two pounds, the magic weight needed attained to be fixed, but two of the girl kittens were already given away, unfixed.  The other one is under two pounds still.

Sophie

Molly
Nine cats have now been helped on that one block where Sophie hails from.   Five of them did not return, once in my hands.  All five, Astro, Einstein and Sophies' three kittens, were taken in by Heartland Humane.  Astro and Einstein got homes.  The three kittens, all girls, were not yet 2 lbs, so are in foster care until they get big enough for surgery.  No doubt they will get homes quickly.

Sophie, Maurice, Mad Max and Fletcher were/will be returned, once fixed.  Sophie and Fletcher are both pure white, as was Astro and two of Sophie's 3 kittens.

Lucy is doing very well.  She's the old gal from the trailer park.   She sure would like a home, though, one with fewer cats than here. I hope I can find her one.  Most shelters won't even look at a cat her age, to take in for adoption, so her options are a bit limited due to her age.


8 comments:

  1. Yay you.
    The work you do is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I were closer to help Lucy. I hope someone is able to take her soon.

    You're off to a great start to your 10,000 cat campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your good works. I agree about wishing I were closer. Take care, my dear! I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...