Monday, July 06, 2015

Washer

I gave up on the old washer.  It's out in the garage.  I'm waiting to hear back from a metal recycler, to see what the conditions are on their acceptance of washers.

Meanwhile, I got a berry vine clearing gig this morning, suddenly, and I went for it, and got lots of stuff in return, including a bag of plums, some home canned goods, two huge bags of cans, probably worth $15, some vegetables from the garden, a laundry basket---really pleased.  I  nearly fainted at the end in the hot sun, working so hard.  These 90 degree days in Oregon just go on and on. Very unusual.

Then a miracle struck.  I was on craigslist looking at used washers and saw one for $50.  I figured I can't go wrong on that price, even if it's crap.  Repairmen have not even called me back.  One has its voicemail completely full, no more messages, no answer.   What a way to do business.  So I figured the chances of getting the old one repaired or even a repairman out to look at it are nil.  And I had to act.

So I drove over and got the $50 one.  Brought it back here, and in a fit of exhaustion and some swearing, got the old one out and the new used one in and now there is a load in it, testing it out. Sounds good so far.  I'm totally happy!

Out with the broken old.  In with the new used.

Hope this works out!

11 comments:

  1. I am so pleased. Fingers and toes crossed it is a good un.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's terrific! First load, came out great. Am very very happy!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:35 PM

    I was very concerned about your washer breakdown, not so much for your clothes which you could probably cope with but all the cat bedding. I hope the new one lasts well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a working washer now. $50 is cheaper than a repairman would have cost, so it seems like it all worked out. (If you had to have a broken washer in the first place.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great find, the $50 washer, yup cheaper than just getting a repairman out here and the other one likely needed a transmission. Did work out. Things break.

      Delete
  4. I am so relieved for you. As for laborers, it can be difficult finding someone willing to work and do the job well for a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to find repair people these days.

      Delete
  5. At last a washing machine for you...those repair men can't want work...take care in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be careful in the heat. And yes, a washing machine once again!

      Delete

The Wolverine Visits Linn County

 I don't know if its the same Oregon touring wandering wolverine that was seen yesterday outside Lebanon on Golden Valley road.   The wa...