Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Exhaustion Puts Me Out of Commission. Photos of the 30 Cats Fixed in 3 Days.


I over did things, tackling the big Lebanon situation during two long trips with cats to be fixed a day apart.  I took 15 cats to Portland last Friday, after being up most of the night, out at that Lebanon colony, trapping kittens I was told would otherwise be shot.

There was the second trip with 15 more clear to S/nipped in Coos Bay on Sunday.  I overnighted most of the cats fixed last Friday in my garage, which is more work for me, returning them Saturday, before picking up the 15 going Sunday, really really early Sunday (left at 4:30 a.m.).

Granted I slept three hours Sunday on a delightful beach near the S/nipped clinic (Sunset Bay) while the cats were being fixed down there, and about five hours Saturday night before the alarm jolted me back into action.  But the work load lately has been astounding.  So have the accomplishments, however.

Today I pay in inability to move.  I also fell in the bathroom last night.  I slipped on water spilled by a very anxious brown tabby kitten from the Bone Pile colony.  I thought I could catch myself, almost saw my own fall from an outside view, in slo mo.  Down I went.  Hard.  Stuff went flying.  Kittens went flying.  I lay there moaning for a few minutes, mostly a wallow in self pity, then got up, cleaned up the fall mess and got on with my life.

Exhaustion can warp perception and turn a bright day black. Exhaustion can prompt e-mails that are difficult later to undo!

I had not even been keeping up on news.  I heard enough, last night, in my warped exhausted state, of Mitt Romney's rich man fund raiser, speaking of the useless worthless poor of our country, which includes me, to make me angry, to want to vent my anger with nasty comments after reports of his comments online.  All my life I've endured the nasty comments about people on government assistance. The constant condemnation propels me to make amends for my sin of being on SSI, me being always full of guilt endowed upon me as child.  It was not even I who applied for SSI.  I didn't even know what that was way back, when I was recruited into the mental health system, when my real problems were rooted in childhood and my father and no self esteem.  A caseworker applied.  I didn't have anything to do with it or even know.

I make amends by volunteering longer hours than most people put in who work for pay and by solving cat situations no paid person will touch.  Sure, I love helping cats, but I also am full of guilt over my sin of being poor and on SSI.  Guilt is one reason I work so hard for no pay and pay out to make this community, this area better, while making my own life harder.  How crazy is that, Mitt Romney?  You have no clue of what and who you speak.

I'll never have a real life of any sort.  Mitt Romney seemed to be talking about me, I thought, and others like me, in that "the poor are useless good for nothings who need whipped into shape" Romney speech.  Made me mad.  But exhaustion played its part in my outrage.  Today, eh, not so much.  These politicians!  There's something seriously mental about anybody who seeks that much power or control.  Nut jobs.  However, some are dangerous.

I slept long and well last night, but my sore neck and muscles will not have anything to do with exertion.  When my body needs rest, I know it isn't faking.  So I rest.

I've been holding Miley, the little girl Siamese, fixed Sunday at S/nipped.  She's sweet and fun and purrs her head off.  She's going to Safehaven tomorrow.  A guy in Salem is taking on the very scared older kitten, the brown tabby male.  Karmen knew this guy from high school, recently reconnected on FB, and recruited him.  He wanted to start out taming the problem child, the brown tabby boy who misses his mommy most. I'm good with that.

I'll take one of the two that will then be left, after Miley and Terminator leave, up to the Lebanon fosterer, whose two fosters from the same place will also go to Safehaven tomorrow, along with Miley.  So I will have only one of the 18 I took from that place left here.  Sure, there are more up there needing out.  But this cat trapper is completely done in.

For now.

In the meantime, I have not posted pictures of any of the last 30 cats I've taken in to be fixed.  Here goes!

First the cats fixed September 14th, at the FCCO.  Seven come from a colony just outside Albany.  Three more to catch there.  The colony consists of two females with their four kittens each.
Adult gray female fixed the 14th.

Black male kitten, fixed the 14th.

2nd black male kitten fixed the 14th.


Gray female kitten fixed the 14th.

Gray male kitten, fixed the 14th.

Black and white male kitten fixed the 14th.

Female black and white kitten fixed the 14th.



Then there were two brothers fixed, the last needing done from another small Albany colony.  This handsome boy was fixed Friday, the 14th.

And so was his handsome stoic laid back seal point Siamese brother.


Then six from the Lebanon Bone Pile Colony also were fixed last Friday the 14th.

Ava, a DLH gray tux, was fixed, and later reunited with kittens found in a foundation hole.  Ava and her kittens are now in foster.
Cheeto, a polydactyl owned tame calico, from the property, who has produced multiple litters, is finally spayed.  I returned her, but I trapped her three kittens and they won't be going back.
This tame male was also fixed and returned as he is owned by a resident of the property.
These two teens were fixed, the black tux a boy, the white a girl, and now are in foster.
This girl teen, also from the Bone Pile colony, was fixed and is in foster too.  


That does it for the 15 fixed last Friday!  Ready for photos of the 15 fixed Sunday at S/nipped?
Albany Scottish Fold mix female fixed S/nipped the 16th.
"Tabby", an Oakville road female fixed last Sunday.  I took the male from this house to be fixed a few weeks back, and Heartland took in this female's kittens. 
This kitten, Church, a male, and his four brothers were fixed.  I got their mom fixed awhile back.  The woman has another female with four kittens  that still need fixed.

She'd also taken in two older kittens.  Grady here was one of them and fixed now at least.

Three of the five younger kittens were black and so one picture will do.

Moo, the white and black male kitten fixed from this household Sunday.

Rounding out the seven fixed from this one Albany household this time around, is Sister, the only girl of the mix, a brown tabby.

Lebanon torti fixed Sunday.  She has kittens who will need fixed also.

Lebanon male fixed Sunday.  Bob's his name.

Then there were three girl kittens fixed, rescued when found on Old Holly Road by campers.  This is one of them and the two photos below are the other two.


Last but not least, this little Siamese girl, now in my bathroom, from the Bone Pile colony, was fixed Sunday.

There you have it 30 cats in three days!  Making the greater mid valley area a better place to live for animals and humans alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...