Friday, August 31, 2012

Leave Clint Eastwood Alone!

Leave Clint Eastwood alone.  Please! I don't watch Republican speeches, gives me PTSD, flashbacks, nightmares, of a childhood filled with sadness, a father who couldn't keep his hands off me, paired eternally in my mind with his right wing rants.  So I don't watch Republican speeches and I don't vote for Republicans, as a promise, as an adult, to a little child, me, to never be anything like him.  But this morning, the news was full of stories and mockery of the Eastwood speech at the RNC.

Mocking Clint Eastwood is not acceptable.  I love his movies.  Not the early ones, not the "I'm a bad dude" ones, the later ones--The Unforgiven, Gran Torino, and Million Dollar Baby.

He's an icon.  So what if he blew a stupid speech at a gathering of politico groupees.  Who the hell cares?

I don't.

Leave him alone.  He's made some great movies.  I love the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...