Monday, April 30, 2012

Flier Scam?

  I get this e-mail today:  "Hi, My name is Megan and i saw your flyer on the stop sign. So you can email me at *******@live.com thank you very much!!! and i will give you all the infomation."

That e-mail sounds like a scam person, maybe even a porm spam person.  I didn't post any fliers at all in Eugene.  I handed them all out.  However, I did e-mail the flier to some nearby schools, businesses and churches.  I wasn't thinking.  Other people could have innocently forwarded it on, to be helpful, and it had both my e-mail and phone number on it.  That was not bright, wasn't thinking.  This is a new age.

I e-mailed the person back, which probably was not wise either.  I told the person, I hope you're not a scammer.  I said, I didn't put any fliers up on stop signs, but if you do have information on where the lost cat is, I would love to hear from you.  I was trying to be careful.

Who would put a flier on a stop sign anyhow and how really could a person do that?

Anyhow, I hope I don't get my I.D. stolen over looking for a lost cat.  I'm still in the age of trusting people for the most part.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...