Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Election Blues

I don't like elections. The major news networks think we all love every little detail of campaigns. Not me.

I have become disillusioned. The more I hear about government the more I feel it is a lost cause. Our politicians are bought and paid for by lobbyists for big industry and corporations. I read just today that lots of the olive oil on shelves isn't really olive oil at all, but something else, made to look like it and allowed to be sold as olive oil after some big pay offs to the right people, to overlook fact.

That's the tip of the iceberg.

People with big money run our country and they own politicians. That's how I see it. I don't want to hear about politicians running for President. I don't want to hear anything about it. Anyone who runs is already rich and has rich people trying to bribe them for future influence.

If that were not true, health care issues would have long ago been resolved. We'd be energy self sufficient. People would not rent their houses from banks for life. Oh, wait, they're called mortgages. People could save four or five years and have enough to buy a house out right.

Two people wouldn't have to work full time to support one small family.

Etc. etc.

Corn would be considered a weed and eradicated, in a normal world. It wouldn't be fed to cattle, dogs and cats, or put into all sorts of human "food and drink", or used to lower the gas mileage of cars so it takes more oil to run the same distance.

Messed up, our society.

That old man yelling at me tonight, it bummed me out. I am tired, so that makes it hurt more, I think. It makes me heart sick for those teens I took back. And it depresses me to know I won't be able to finish it, or trust him with a trap over there. It doesn't hurt so much being mean towards me as a volunteer although that's not nice, more the fact I won't be able to finish it. The woman who asked me to help, goes to same church, was headed over there to talk to him. Maybe she will be able to get somewhere, but I don't know. He's bullheaded and self centered and those are a nasty combo.

I always think about the wives of people like that, wonder how they cope, why they stay. Maybe he's different to her. I just met him so maybe he's just having a bad week or something. I can always hope that is what is going on, and he's not really like that all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...