Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Furniture!!!!





It's not hard to find free furniture. Free good furniture is scarce. But not yesterday, for me.

My friends, who once fostered three bottle babes, up in Marian County, then decided to keep all three, had furniture in storage and they had to get it gone, because the property where it's stored is being sold.

They are having a big garage sale, and offered me whatever I wanted of it. Yesterday, they brought the pieces I chose over in a truck. I got a bed, an armoir and two older couches. The couches are in great shape and they are leather or vinyl or something like that. In other words, they are cleanable!

My cats had destroyed the latest couch I got and very quickly, which is sad.

I moved the child's bed, that occupied the spare bedroom, that I got at a thrift store once long ago, to the garage room, for the cats yesterday. I moved out the old entertainment center I'd had for years, that held my TV and a defunct CD player I should get rid of but can't, due to sentimental bonds binding me. (It doesn't work)

Two young guys brought in the bed, in pieces, set it up, then brought in the armoire which is unbelievably beautiful and placed it where my old entertainment center had been. Then they brought in the loveseat and couch.

After they left, I set about dismantling yet another couch. How often have I done this? Many times. It is such a job that often I end up scratched and bruised and yesterday was no different.

But I have some great furniture now, including a real bed, which is something I've not had in a long time. I slept on a mattress on the floor forever here, then tried to get the Ikea bed frame, which became a fiasco because its box did not include parts to support the bed. Then I built a platform bed out of plywood and 2x4's, put the mattress on that, and was finally off the floor, but now I have a mattress that is in good shape with box springs and frame!

I never minded sleeping on the floor. I'm not complaining about that. I can sleep almost anywhere.

I'm quite sore, swollen, numb, cut up and bruised, but......happy!

Last night I slept hard on my beautiful new bed. Thank you Mel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...