Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Dex Puts Herself Back Into the Sick Cage. Valentino's Chipin Reaches Goal!

I came inside, worn out with painful neck, back and shoulders from getting just one branch off that splitting maple to find Dex had put herself back into the sick cage. I closed the door to let her be and turned on her heating pad, which is why I think she sought the cage out again.

Original Wacky let me know the Chipin she organized, to help with Valentinos re-dental expense, has reached its goal of $500!!!!! Can you believe that! I couldn't. Takes my breath away. Relief floods me. THANK YOU to everyone who donated and to Michy of Original Wacky for setting up the Chipin.

In other news, Corvallis is facing quite the budget crisis, like to the tune of 3.6 million deficit. As a result, the city is considering closing Osborn Aquatic, the senior center and cutting library hours. I can't believe Osborn might close. That is one cool pool. I've only swam there three times, but if I had the money, I'd have a swim pass there. It's a shame that wonderful pool may close.

The citizens of Corvallis are voting on a tax levy that would I think keep open the pool and senior center. I haven't heard much about the levy other than that.

Albany has a public pool but it's a kiddie pool. I think the maximum depth is four feet, maybe less. It's for little kids. There are two other pools in Albany. One is at the YMCA. Membership there will run a person $50 per month. They also have gym equipment, jacuzzi and sauna. The other pool I heard is at one of the high schools. It's indoor and I have no idea what that is like. I believe the public can use it at certain times for a certain cost.

I don't think Albany has a budget crisis. Money is very tight for the city, but I think money is better managed in Albany, and there are not many frilly expenditures by comparison. I could be wrong. I don't think people here expect much in services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...