Monday, January 24, 2011

Rainy

I'm going to get new photos of Rainys surgical site that are not so blurred. I'm taking her back in to the vet tomorrow.

I think it's probably caused by allergy to the suture.

In the meantime, I'm taking the Siamese back to the trailer park. She'd make a great pet for someone but she's older, and finding homes for any cat is very hard these days. She's well fed there.

I wasn't going to go up tomorrow, since I cancelled appointments and have no gas $, but Rainy needs seen. The six cats who were scheduled to be done, I have not been able to contact their caretaker by phone. So, without a phone number or address, I don't get cats fixed. So I cancelled for that reason also.

Anyhow, maybe I'll try to take Rainy up today and get that out of the way. I have no idea how much it might cost, is the problem, and I'm so broke.

The power bill issue may be the result of the furnace or thermostat. The thermostat lately is hard to adjust temp as the buttons seem not to function as they used to. I am unable to adjust the thermostat temp up or down often. This morning, since I could not adjust it, before leaving, I turned it off and now, turning it back on, it won't come on at all. That's a big power savings right there--no heat!!!

It's 61 degrees inside which isn't that cold. My brother was already going to have someone come and replace the thermostat, since it's original equipment from the early 70's. I hope that is all that's wrong because furnace repairs, omg, I think the guilt would kill me, with such an expense on my brother.

I don't have a way to pay him back. I wish I did. I told him with these higher rates on everything now, including power, water/sewer and gas, I don't much hope for any sort of a future. My income won't ever get bigger and those higher rates won't ever go down. I told him my only hope would be to somehow go partially off grid for power I could afford. I will be watching ebay for solar cells and panels at cut rate prices. I surely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...