Sunday, July 18, 2010

N. Albany Kittens Sick

The three kittens from N. Albany are terribly thin and have diarrhea, probably giardia, but I don't know for sure. Fortunately, I do have some old metro and started them on it, because it's not going to hurt them.

They barely eat. I shaved little Nemo partially because he has repeatedly coughed up hair and that may be most of the issue. I tried to give him fluids but he shrieked and struggled. He is one of those kittens with extremely thin skin and is highly prick sensitive, so I am unable to give him sub cu fluids alone. He has fine thin excessive hair, and cats with such hair get hairballs terribly.

Poor little guys. I so wish those N. Albany people who fed the cats would now get involved in trying to find and save the fourth kitten. But they may have quit feeding altogether now. I don't know. I am not a happy camper with the feeders up there. They seem to have no clue the suffering they have caused or the expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...