Thursday, May 06, 2010

Day Off

Day off today. The Stayton trailer park didn't catch anymore cats and the DR people didn't try. Big surprise there, hahahaha.

I caught up on some projects and retrieved a loaned trap in Corvallis. I gave up on that one, over there. I don't think they will ever try to trap those cats. The trap has been with them almost a month.

I've been trying to get my car worked on for a long time, with my usual mechanic, but they have been busy, so I guess I need to find a mechanic that isn't. Anybody live in the mid valley and know an honest mechanic out there? I'm so skeptical these days, regarding honesty, finding honest people, that is.

I've got to get the rear drum brakes done, the belts checked, transmission fluid and filter changed, timing chain checked, etc. etc. I can't do drum brakes. I tried, on a different car, without having the little tools that make holding all those parts together possible. So that was interesting.

Long ago, I also used to change my own tranny fluid and filter, too. That was when I had ramps and a jack and now I don't have either. They got lost in the last move. Or stolen or something.

I can't change belts on a front wheel drive. I can't get down in there.

I have to now hire someone to do these things. Then there's the issue with the short in the electric windows. Car starts window rolls down. Or up. Or halfway in between. I have this ritual when one window suddenly won't go up or down, that I go through, to try to get it to work. It's almost like magic. I don't know what to do about getting that fixed. I guess it won't matter too much come summer.

I don't know what happened to my usual mechanic. I've been trying for over a month to get in there. No luck. Now I have to find a new one. That's like changing religions. Like moving. Like having your doctor of 12 years suddenly disappear. Maybe I'll get a letter like I did after my doctor was gone, saying he was gone, about the mechanic too?

It's disruptive. Unsettling. Like they discontinued a favorite ice cream flavor or cancelled my favorite show.

Darn it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...