Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Blingo Heads out for his New Home

I took Blingo over to his new home today. The couple are very nice, and have three cats already. He did not seem that upset, just quiet. He liked it here and felt betrayed that I was taking him elsewhere. He will get over that. He does not have to compete there like here for even small amounts of attention. There is a female tabby tux who will love him, I know, could tell. He's going to be ok, but he doesn't know it yet, so his guilt inducing gaze burned on me, when I let him out, in the woman's bedroom.

My soul still feels that burn. I can't help it, I love them all. It's hard to say goodbye but they're happier, you see, if its' a good home, and fewer cats to compete with, be bullied by, more attention, they just won't know it for awhile.

Nonetheless I pine away here for days, trying not worry, or to think about how they might be faring. I have to try to let them go. It's hard on me. I hate adopting out cats. I'd like to just catch them and get them fixed and return them. I don't like handning out living breathing lives to strangers and just hoping they're going to behave decently towards that life. I just hate it.

These folks have a track record of kindness, so I felt much easier. Crusty's new people had the track record too.

Anyhow, Blingo's gone. What a big fat wonderful guy he is. Good luck, Mister.

1 comment:

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...