Thursday, March 04, 2010

Old Couple Out Gassed Me

The younger smaller of two males fixed yesterday. The old couple said this indeed is one of the calico's five kittens, now all adults. The other two of her adult kittens trapped so far: an orange tabby with some white on face and a black and white female.
This huge male caught by the old couple, fixed yesterday, had a head the size of a grapefruit, but seemed mild mannered.
Monster male again. The vet and his staff were impressed!

I'm worn out. I had to call the old couple tonight and ask they close the traps an hour earlier than usual. They've showed me up!

Of course it was me driving over there after 11:00 last night to pick up their latest catch--yet another black and white.

I couldn't sleep in the night, had all this work to do once home finally, taking care of the Adair cat, the two black and whites from the oldies, the homeless camp cats and Crusty, too, then all mine.

Well anyhow. After I finally got to bed, I got awakened when Miss Daisy got startled. She sleeps across my face. She got startled awake when Electra stepped on her and Miss Daisy swatted towards Electra. Only she snagged my eyelid, scratching it.

Miss Daisy is not the best shot. In fact, she's clumsy and not athletic but very enthusiastic, which makes up for any lacks.

After that, I finally got to bed and fell asleep for a few hours, before waking to my early alarm. I wanted to get the two cats from the Oldies, in traps in my car, fixed and returned a.s.a.p. I called the vet in Wilsonville. They said "Bring them up." I did, along with Crusty. Crusty needed an eye evaluation. He has drastically improved but my feeling is that he has that genetic thing with recessed eyes and inturned eyelashes and kinked up tear ducts. I was right.

Without expensive surgery, he won't have permanent improvement. Some vets do a nip and tuck, that is fairly effective, and flips the lower lid out away from the eye. I might see how much the Neuterscooter vet would charge to do that, if they ever come through Oregon again. For now, tomorrow, he will go back to the trailer park.

He also had his ears cleaned out and treated for earmites.

Both the black and whites from the Spirte Oldies were males. I returned them already. They're still after three cats, but it is down to three finally.

After going back and forth to get those cats, and do all sorts of erands today, I am zonkered tired. So I called the Oldies up and said "Close those traps please. I must sleep." They said, "Have a very good night." And, "How many traps did you leave set over here? I was sure it was three, but I can't find them." So I told him again where the two traps are, even though they are in the exact same place they have been for ten days.

Now, if I could only find my keys and my toothebrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...