Saturday, September 26, 2009

Starr, Teddy and Honey

Teddy with Honey. Both are kittens from the Corvallis homeless camp. Teddy is extremely social, while Honey isn't as social and neither is Teddy's sister, Starr.
Starr.
Starr again.

Summer and Tara, homeless camp girls, went to a home yesterday. They were the social girls. Teddy, too, a boy tabby kitten, from the camps, is social. Honey and Starr, two other girls from the camp, are not as social. I don't want these kittens to slip through the cracks and end up as semi ferals here permanently.

Likewise with the two other kittens still here: Shaulin, from the Bengal group, and Calamity, abandoned on Lyons street in Albany.

I am still sick today, despite sleeping almost 12 hours last night. I got up, thinking I was fine, did a few things, then had to lay down again. I need to take it easy a couple days. I am suffering from exhaustion. However, I need to get to the store today, to get cat food and food for me and I will have to do that, after another nap. I get both at Winco, which means a drive to south Salem. Not looking forward to that.

Someone told me the rates I pay for a year's liability insurance on my car are not good. So I have been calling around for quotes. Turns out, my rate is the best out there among companies I've called so far, and they're the ones you hear are more affordable. Not! Cool.

3 comments:

  1. thats exactly what i noticed when i was there, Jody...
    Starr seemed to be the most feral, with Honey skittering about, quickly dashing to a food bowl when no other cat was around, and then back to her :"hiding" place...yet, a few nights she did come out to play with the interactive cat toys as long as too many other cats weren't in her way...I didn't have the chance to try that with Starr - she was fine while I was holding her the one day until - escape time! Boy, was she quick! Both are adorable, though, and I think they would make wonderful pets. And Teddy is such a dear - purring, loving - he needs a person badly. They all do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you called it right on both. Now go get those moles removed and biopsied. Or I'll have to do it and I'd have no idea what I was doing. There would be blood, pain, awful scars, and misdiagnosis. Go to a doctor. Get it done, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it would make for some interesting surgery if you did it...i'll think about it - i'll check to make sure the one doesn't need to be cut out first. the other they can cut all they want...

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...