Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Creeps are Creeping

I'm getting this creepy feeling over that Lebanon situation. Why? Well, here's why.

So that man, the one who wanted the cats gone a.s.a.p., on a Saturday night, the neighbors say he's working for a house flipper, the woman who bought it on auction. Hence the need for speed in moving out those cats, who were in the way, if that is true. I suppose that's why a complete stranger had the gall to call someone he didn't even know on a Saturday night. Who in the world would think that's ok?

The neighbors said people flipping houses try to work quick to avoid any inspection or permit issues. Bet that's what is going on. I don't know much about what's going on there, really. It was so garbled all along.

Then there's the fact the person who gave him my number, whom he said was a friend, her husband is a building inspector, for one of the cities in Linn County or maybe the county, I don't know. Is that just coincidence? I know it probably is, but I start getting the creepy crawling feeling, like something's not quite on the up and up.

So now I'm getting the creepy crawlies, thinking it's all a bunch of corruption and greed. At the bottom of the feeding frenzy, the cats and the people trying to save them. It's scary stuff too. At least it is to me, to think about the behavior sparked by the smell of money. Innocent lives, those cats, are the last thing on the list of importance. Life is supposed to be important.

I know people are struggling for jobs these days. You still need to play by the rules and try to incorporate ethics if possible, I think.

I trapped two more, then took a break and went into town for a drink. There by the highway in a bush, is a cat peeking out. I said "drive on" to myself, but I drove back around, cursing all the way, called her out, a sweet young very tame super friendly tabby tux. I showed her to the restaurant workers who didn't know her and said "Take her to the humane society." I said "We don't have one in Linn County, didn't you know?" No, they didn't know. Now they do.

There were no residences anywhere near and she was right on the edge of the highway.

She's in my bathroom. KATA said they'll take her when they can find somewhere to squeeze her into foster. I had no trap or carrier. She had to ride on my lap, which she did, looking out the window, then curling up happily. I pulled back into the collector neighborhood, but they'd all gone to bed. I was going to ask somebody to hand in one of my traps while I had her scruffed, so I could put her in it. I still had three traps set at collector central.

I had to drive home with her on my lap. Then I had to drive back to get my traps. One neighbor said, the work crew is going to merely cover the urine damaged flooring and shelves, with Kilz paint, then carpet. Pity the person who buys that place. I bet one hot summer or the heat on, and "whew!", smell back.

That's if the flip thing is true, and they're not just going to rent it. I was listening to neighbors talk. The truth of that whole situation is somewhere out there, but I don't know it, because I got too many different stories.

I seriously hope with these last two they've all been caught. I doubt it, but I sure would like to be gone forever from that situation. It has changed me, I think. I just can't believe people anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...