Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Happy Ending Miracle


8 months or so ago, I responded to a craiglist ad about a cat lost in Corvallis. The cat was really from Oregon City or somewhere up there. A neighbor had trapped the cat, a neutered Siamese manx male, and dumped it at the trailer park on Walnut and 10th in Corvallis, where his mother had lived.

The cats' man was desperate to find the kitty. There was a credible sighting by the roommate of a vet tech I know on 10th street near Borders, which is on 9th, but she only saw him once. Finally, Todd got a short article run in the Gazette Times about the cat, who has distinctive foot markings. But nothing came of it.

Today, 8 months later, I went to Corvallis late, intent on finding on sale cat food. I stopped in at the Grocery Outlet, then, because it was late, decided to come on home. I travelled down 10th and turned onto Garfield to get to 9th.

There, by Vina Moses' gate, was a Siamese manx. I did a double take, then turned around and went back. I called him to me, and he finally came and I felt him up. He was neutered! He had the distinctive foot markings. But I didn't bring him home. I took photos instead, came home, called Todd, after finding his number on an age old e-mail, then e-mailed him photos.

It's him. Todd even showed the photos to all his neighbors, who love this cat too. I went back and he was still there and got him into a carrier. Mr. Kitty is found, after 8 months in a strange city and he's going home tomorrow!
Mr. Kitty's feet markings are so distinctive I knew if I sent photos of his feet they would know for sure if it was him or not. They are unusual!

Update: Mr. Kitty's fur is full of burrs and he has a few wounds but he just wants to be hugged and held tight, which I've been doing. He purrs his head off. His owner will be here tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. to pick him up. I guess the whole neighborhood is excited over Mr. Kitty being found down here, after 8 months lost. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

Weird, in a way, that I would turn down that street, and see him at the right time. I only took Garfield to get back to 9th because it was near rush hour and I wanted to take a street with a stoplight, so I could make a left turn onto 9th, to go home highway 20.

3 comments:

  1. I love a happy ending to a lost kitty story. It's amazing how everything fell together and Mr Kitty to be reunited with his family.

    Cheers

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best story I've heard in a long time. Another lucky cat, found by YOU! It was meant to be, don't you think? K

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so wonderful, Jody - i've heard stories before about finding cats by taking a different route. its amazing how we can be led to a different path for the right reasons...

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...