Friday, June 26, 2009

Road Insanity

I've had two close calls on the roadways, in the last three days. These incidents have made me consider my own mortality and I am attempting to create a plan, should I die, for the cats here.

During the first incident, I was headed to Lacomb on Fish Hatchery road. I came around a corner on a slight incline to face the glaring single headlight of a motorcyle in my lane. The older rider (gray hair and mustache) had a passenger behind him. I remember that passenger's helmeted head popping out from behind the driver to see me right in their path. Fortunately, I was travelling even slower than the speed limit and slammed on my brakes and he got around the car he was passing in a double yellow line zone, back into his lane.

This idiot decided to endanger others, even his passenger, because he was in a hurry. He was dressed out to the hilt in some colorful riding clothes and his bike too. All I remember about the colors came after it was over and after my racing heart slowed finally that the bike and riders seemed like a passing circus.

Then today, returning from the vets office, using I5. I'd passed the rest area, coming home, south, and suddenly on the south side of the Santiam bridges a white SUV comes barrelling by the entire line of traffic in the right hand lane of I5. The white vehicle was racing along the pull off edge of the highway, to the right of the right hand line of traffic, showering cars, including mine, with trash, rocks and any debris along the highway edge. The vehicle was travelling at an extreme rate of speed. The vehicle finally forced its way into the right hand lane and made an immediate switch to the left hand lane and my mouth was open in shock and horror.

Crazy people are out there on the roads. They don't follow any rules and they don't care who they hurt.

So I'm trying to figure out a plan, in case of my death, for the cats I have here. I need to figure out who I could call on to help place them. I can't find anyone willing so far, or figure out what to do. I don't want them to sit in cages anywhere. Many are totally unsuitable for cage adoption anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...