Saturday, May 16, 2009

Taking it Easy on My Knee

I am taking it easy today. My left this time. Never had trouble with my left knee before. I did something a couple weeks ago to hurt both knees. Anyhow, I'm taking it easy, icing my knee, sleeping. Have to.

I realized last week I don't get enough sleep during the week. I am often up until midnight doing chores, especially when I have cats recuperating in my garage from surgery. Then am generally up by 6:00 a.m. or 6:30, to do chores prior to taking cats to the clinic or returning them. That makes for chronic sleep deprivation.

I am going to start going to bed much earlier. I think I can get my chores done by 9:30 and be in bed by 10:00 p.m. It is much easier to injure body parts when one is tired out.

The old woman called once again. Three kittens now. Last she talked to me, she'd found two more. KATA said they'd take the two more, and I am hoping they will agree to three.

That's 18 kittens from one old womans cats. 19 cats will be permanently removed once I take the last three kittens, if that's all there are.

She doesn't have a clue the cost this passes on to other people, nor the effect finding homes for 18 kittens, has on adults and other kittens waiting for homes. But then if she had a clue, if she had thought it out, unselfishly, she wouldn't have 18 kittens and 11 unfixed adults on her porch in the first place.

The teen feral in my bathroom is coming out of anesthesia finally. However, she seems to, although frightened, like being syringe fed by me. She's so skinny, not even four pounds. Poor little pregnant kitten. Well, formerly pregnant. Those would have been dead kittens anyhow.

To readers: I have temporarily changed the commenting, since I'm being spammed by somebody who hates spay neuter and makes it his mission to berate those who disagree with him/her. He claims his name is Patrick Michaels of St. Louis Missouri but I never believe a thing someone like that would say. There are many Patrick Miachels in Oregon, if that is even this persons' name. These comments from this person are the result of a comment I posted below a newspaper article, that ran in Eugene, in support of spay neuter.

It's strange these days, that if you express your opinion, someone who disagrees may stalk you around the web, so intent are they on damaging/controlling those who disagree. Whomever you are, what I do has zero affect on you and your life. Move on, please.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling some better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a vacuous, void bioche you are. Going out of her way to make it her problem? The world is full of people like you wasting space on this planet. What have you done to make a positive difference in this world? Certainly not cat rescue or spay/neuter efforts...just digging on people who give a damn. Stay away from this site. So easy to hide behind annonimity, you coward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, this person is probably a breeder or a religious freak. Who knows, but to go on someone's blog and crap on them tells a whole lot about their character. They have way too much time on their hands and want to hurt people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ???????? (re: above comments)

    The teen feral: does she seem friendly? Sounds like she's not opposed to you holding her and feeding her....is there any way you can let the business people know this cat needs more food - desperately needs it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, by the way - to snowbrush - its pronounced :OR - e- goooooon - ians.......or Or - e - goonies for short lol......

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...