Friday, May 29, 2009

The Last Cat

Someone is trying to catch a feral female, very thin and young, with bad eyes over just off Waverly. Neighbors trapped the others, hordes I was told, of abandoned cats who took up living under an empty building and the woman does not know what the neighbors did with the cats. This is the sole survivor.

She lives under a building and the management of that building wants to close up the holes. I have agreed to take this poor gal in, if she is caught, at least temporarily. Her story is just so sad.

Sadly, I had to return Tia, the teen caught by the Albany business, who, at just under four pounds, was pregnant and skinny. Her skinniness however turned out to be mostly worm caused. She had a severe tapeworm infestation and also roundworms. I bought her a tube of Profender, which helped her immediately.

At first, she was so happy inside here. But then three bully cats here took after her: Dex, Panda and Comet, attacking her if she tried to eat or use the litterbox. She began staying 24/7 up on the cat runs. She even began to poop up there, afraid to come down. So I got her down last night and put her in the bathroom, for which she was grateful.

It was a rough night for me last night. My knee hurt. I was tired but couldn't sleep due to my knee and also I got the intestinal thing again, the severe constipation, left side. Then, deliberating Tia's fate, too.

She needs her family. I took her home. She knows where I live now. If she gets in trouble, I hope she'll come looking for me.

Three cats are up being fixed today. One is yet another male trapped by the Albany business. They also retrapped the Lynx Point male last night. But he's fixed now, so they let him go.

Cats two and three are the manx black long hair dumped out on Frye and the orange female, mother of three kittens, also dumped on Frye. The woman whom they were dumped on has a friend who is adopting the orange mom and the boy kitten, once they are fixed. And KATA says they'll take the two orange and white girl kittens. So they won't be going to the FCCO clinic Sunday.

Countryside is going to call me just as they are about to close up the manx long hair. The cat is feral but she has such long hair I want to try to clip some of it off for her, while she's (hopefully) still under the influence of anesthesia. Being a long hair feral cat is not a fun thing in summer in Oregon. Makes a cat overheat, not to mention the matting problem.

The two manx's dumped are not true ferals, but they were dumped about three months ago, so they've kind of turned feral in the meantime. This cat may turn out to be already fixed, since the black short hair female, who appeared at the same time, was previously spayed, albeit left with those horrible metal wire sutures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...