Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I've Been Comcasted!

Once again, I've been comcasted. My limited basic cable just dropped three more channels without warning--all three Eugene stations. I don't know why. Comcast does not consider me a customer is the problem. My bill for limited basic goes to my brother. I lost my password almost immediately after connection. Without the password, I can't request another because they want to e-mail it to my comcast e-mail address which I cannot access without a password. So, I've done without. Calling does no good because without a password they don't believe I am a customer.

So, they have their way with me and I have no way to get around that. They've apparently Comcasted me again, reducing limited basic to really really limited basic. If I ever get ahold of them, that's what I'm going to ask, if they've changed their Limited Basic, to Really Really LImited Basic, just for laughs.

I've gone back and forth with a potential cat adoptor from Springfield all weekend. He wants Matilda. But he's young, about to start college, and doesn't think he'll ever move, but he will move and get a life beyond college and then what will life end up for a cat he adopts?

Today he was just going to take a look at Matilda. She has an ear infection going on right now, so isn't really up for adoption currently. But he was an hour late and I was supposed to be elsewhere at 4:00 and had to tell him "some other time".

It's terribly hard on me, not knowing who these folks are, who want to adopt a precious rescued kitty, if they'll take care of them, or maybe abandon them one day. I just hate it. It's horribly stressful on me of late, gives me nightmares and probably high blood pressure and I just absolutely hate it.

I tried to net the injured HUGE Lynx Point this morning. It was a stupid stunt.

It was so hot. He wasn't interested in the trap. I was to get back to meet that adoptor who was way way late. The big cat is very badly injured, front leg, and I was able to get within a few feet of him where he lay napping in some berry vines.

He's so cross eyed, he doesn't see well. I decided to take a chance and net him. Getting him netted was no problem. Getting him from the net into a trap was a huge problem alone. I wrestled in cat poop filled dust and dirt with the massive Siamese before he just slipped out through a hole he enlarged in my rotting away fish net. I was upset with myself. He loped a few dozen feet up the sidewalk and darted into the next yard up through a fence hole.

I came home then, kicking myself over that stunt, washed up and cleaned up, waiting on that adoptor. By ten til 4:00, with him almost an hour late, I had to leave. I went back to meet up with someone who lives around the corner from where the injured Lynx Point hangs out. She has a Siamese mix male on her porch too, with injured back legs, probably from being hit by a car. He's getting better but he too needs neutered. I left her a carrier so she could put him in it herself.

The old trailer woman across Salem Road has another male who showed up. She thinks he is a new show, but then says he's likely the brother of the two tabby and white sister short hairs, now fixed. So she has two more males over there who need fixed.

The other woman, who feeds the Siamese with the back leg injuries, and I walked around looked for the injured Lynx Point Siamesee and found him sleeping in the yard he'd run into after slipping through my net. He was just dozing but ran when we got too close. Then the man who lives at that house got home. I asked about setting traps on his property. At first he seemed all for it. Then suddenly he said he really didn't care at all about the strays or whether they were fixed or not and he didn't want involved at all. He was rather blunt about his apathy.

I chose to pick up the trap and not leave it in his yard. I think this surprised the woman from around the block, but apathetics are pathetic in so many ways and often interfer regardless of what they may say. He had said, "You can put the traps on my porch and by the shed, but I don't want to check them or watch them because I just don't care."

Control freaks and apathetics might seem like exact opposites but they have many traits in common, I have found. I don't deal with either type and find it far easier, down the line, to just leave.

I didn't explain myself to him or to his neighbor, a cat lover eager to help that injured Lynx Point. I just loaded the trap and told the woman, "nope, not leaving it on that porch," and came home. It's just the best way, I've found, to stay clear of apathetics and definitely not to leave equipment on their property. That way, no arguments when there is frustration, like if the apathetic suddenly calls me to say 'the neighbors little dog is in that damn trap, get over here now or we're calling the cops.' That sort of thing.

A free roaming cat has absolutely no knowledge or respect for human property lines that you can't even see or smell. This does bother cat hating people very much. They must think things like "Darn those animals, coming onto my property! How dare they!"

It does complicate efforts to catch a free roaming stray like this Siamese, who gets food in multiple locations. You have to find a human friendly and set up shop. But it's hardly worth it with some people, who disavow any involvement or any empathy for the person helping the cat or the cat himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...