Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Homosexual Brothers




I think I've seen everything now. At the trailer park tonight, I did trap the mom cat and there were not three kittens, there were five. They're about five or six weeks old and literally starving. Most came running to where I could reach under the trailer and grab them just when I called to them in "cat". The fifth was harder but I finally caught her, also.

Sharon met me there. She had trapped the last cat in a colony in Lebanon and she was coming to Albany, and brought the cat. She briefly tried to talk other park residents, including the owners of the orange tabby, into getting their cats fixed. Again, the orange tabby owners refused and wanted one of these kittens, a female, to breed with their orange tabby.

Afterwards, the man just stared constantly at me. It was intimidating and made me nervous. He came out to the road and with hands on hips stood there glaring at me. I hadn't said a word to them and did not intend to. But it was awkward and scary.

I caught the mom of the kittens and put one of the four males into a trap. But the other three boys were off together in the grass beside the trailer taking turns humping one another. I stared increduously. I have run into homosexual oriented cats before, but never this blatant and never three very "out" homosexual brothers.

The old lady said those three had always been that way. She asked if neutering would cure that, and I said "Yup." Only one of the five boys, all brothers, is actually interested in the girl cats. Guess that explains the wide variety of colors in the kittens and almost none who black or black and white.

But I finally left, because it was so damn hot, she had fed the cats and was coming out on the porch every few minutes to smoke. I told her I'd come back much later.

UPDATE: I went back and caught what I thought were the last three boys. It was approaching midnight. The old woman would suddenly burst out of the trailer screaming about a spider. I'd go in and kill the spider before she'd go back into her trailer. Just as I was packing to go, thinking I'd caught them all, a fourth black tux bolts onto the porch. "Who's that?" I asked the old woman. She went into a tirade about how everything is against her. Then finally she turned to me and said "I forgot. There are four black tux boys." I briefly tried to catch him but he took off after a calico who showed up, who sported a very very loud bell on her collar.

After killing one more spider, I called it a night and came home. I still had five kittens to feed. Four of the five kittens are girls! This is a girl colony. And even the boy adults, three of them, are homosexuals.

I have six cats for tomorrow, the last female from the trailer park colony, and four boys from there. Plus I have the Lebanon female, the last cat of that colony.

One Albany trailer---30 cats. 20 of the 30 have been removed. By tomorrow night, nine of the other ten will have been fixed. Not bad for a few days work. Of course I am not doing the fostering work. SafeHaven took 8 of the kittens. KATA took six plus their mom and says they will also take these latest five. I haven't really done anything but round them up, trap the adults to be fixed and kill spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...