Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cats Galore

That trailer park is over run in cats. That's the one I took 8 kittens from yesterday and SafeHaven took them in, thankfully. KATA is going to foster that mom cat with the six newborns.

I am rather tired of the mentality in these parts. Let them breed, in illitierate delusion, and when finally there are so many, call someone else in to take care of it. There is not a whole of lot of personal responsibility going around these parts. It gets old, to deal with, over and over and over again.

I saw two big orange toms, not connected to this one problem trailer but to others there. I saw a big Lynx Point Siamese limping badly. I saw A thin Chocolate Point Siamese crouched under a car. There are supposed to be kittens in or under two other trailers although someone said both litters must be dead under this or that trailer by now.

The cats the old woman feeds are tame, but her there, nervously trying to make them come out, with her daughter in law by her side, all but ensured a long wait to get any of them. I had to ask her three times if she would go inside, so the cats would come back. She would go in for a few moments then be right back out. I was going to catch two males and three females. I had to settle for the first four I could get, due to over involvement. I think all four are females. The old woman loves the cats, she says, and it makes her nervous even getting them fixed.

I have a fifth cat here in a trap, caught by the Albany business. They have caught five now. They are on Queen, but these ferals they are catching that roam their buildings are the likely offspring of two collectors at least I know of on or just off Marian not that far from this business property. Actually I know three just off Marian in a short stretch. Three cat collectors within half mile of each other.

That says a lot about the state of animal welfare in Albany, when you have that many collectors in that close proximity. One has been forced to move by her landlord, at least. She has littered Marian with strays, unwanteds from her backyard Siamese breeding crapola, for years and years.

The second collector I know of is the one a neighbor tried to deal with, by finally getting permission from the collector to trap the collectors cats if they ended up on her porch, which happened daily. This collector loosely owned a cat, who was badly injured, with part of its throat ripped off.

After the neighbor trapped that badly injured cat, she asked me to take the cat to the vet, which I did. The police called me and threatened me with arrest afterwards, claiming I knew that cat was owned and it was illegal to take an owned cat to the vet. Well, the collector herself gave that neighbor permission to trap any of her cats that ended up on her porch. But the cops targeted me and the stupid freak collector is still littering the area, causing problems for everyone, including businesses and expense on nonprofits like Poppa and on me. The cops should target the right people.

A year after that, another woman called me, an old woman, about strays in her backyard and could I come trap them and take them away. She lives three houses from the collector and described in detail one gray male with a horrible scar on its throat. That would be China, the cat the collector doesn't care for, except to claim ownership on one day alone, so the police could threaten me with arrest for trying to help him. I told the old woman what had gone on, who was creating the problem on that street and that I don't touch that street and that she should call the Albany police.

The third collector I know of also refuses to fix her cats although I tried, because she asked me to get them fixed, two different times. The first time I had appointments to pick them all up to be fixed, she just wouldn't answer the door. I finally tried again a few months later, and she agreed to have them fixed. This time she actually put one in a carrier, before yanking the cat out and claiming to have changed her mind. She's littered Marian street too for years, with the unwanteds and caste offs of her failures to fix her cats.

Guess I just really want to leave Albany, get the hell out of here. Nobody cares about anything here and people just want to take advantage of others. My life has collapsed completely, although I love the house I live in. I have nothing anymore but the constant demands of strangers. I need a vacation, but fat chance on that. Things could certainly be worse.

It goes on and on. check out the latest craigslist free kitten offerings:


Kittens "No cost" (Albany)
Reply to: comm-zgpyn-1170649400@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-14, 10:00AM PDT

Beautiful kittens ready for a good home.

541-760-0355 Ted


Or this one.....

Need help (Lebanon)

Reply to: comm-nq7my-1170938208@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-14, 12:28PM PDT

so my cat is pregant and shes about to have a litter of kittens and i dont know what to do... i need some advice and also i want them to go to a good home and good people..so if you have any advice just let me kno thanks :)
aimeenicole_92@hotmail.com


Or this really sad one, about a cat they've fed for ten years.....hey landlords, how about this solution...evict those tenants with dogs!

Outdoor Kitty needs home (Philomath)

Reply to: comm-3bm2j-1170760326@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-14, 10:56AM PDT

We need help with an outdoor, neutered, mature kitty, Jack. Jack showed up at our house when he was a kitten, 10 years ago. His is very loving, especially when he wants attention or to be fed. Jack would not be happy being locked up inside. He has no health issues and he's managed to take care of himself all these years. Jack does not like dogs or even cats that are aggressive or defensive. Jack's current caregivers are our tenants who have dogs, so he's spending too much time at the neighbor's. If he's threatened, he has a tendancy to mark (pee) his territory. We're away from home and hate to see this good kitty be euthanized.
We've been given a week to figure this out. Can you help?


Or this one...

Beautiful Cat Needs New Home SOON!! (Corvallis)

Reply to: comm-xbm8t-1169965406@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-13, 9:06PM PDT


Ireland is a beautiful 1 1/2 yr old calico cat! She has had all her shots, she has been fixed and her front paws are de-clawed. In the past year I have been battling cancer and I dont have the money or am able to give her the attention she needs. I dont want to have to give her to the humane society. I would really love to give her to a good home. She does take a little to warm up but before you know it she will be in your lap every second she can. Please e-mail me or call me if you have any questions.


And more kittens. Actually, these folks had five, and have given away three. They said they don't have the money to fix either of their two females......

Kittens

Reply to: comm-3jsk3-1169896554@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-13, 8:02PM PDT

I have two adorable black kittens. Free to good home only! One male and one female. They would make a perfect friend for little kids. They are 2 months old and are very active and friendly.


Or this one, from Corvallis....

free kittens (Corvallis)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-05-13, 10:51AM PDT

Free Kittens, 2-3 weeks old, need bottle feeding. phone 753-0234

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...