Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catholic Church Has Zero Morality

Don't listen to what the pope says or what the Catholic church has to say about sin or morality. Click post title to see the latest exposee of church secrets. Child abuse. Child torture. Child rape. Longstanding and protected tradition in Catholic church schools and institutions, this time in Ireland.

Religion is for the guilt of adults, I think. Religions should leave the children alone.

I suppose this is what is referred to by right wing Christians when they talk about family values. I've never really known what that phrase means, when it is touted, usually in political debates, but I got a picture of these family values as a child, with my church elder ultra conservative family values father, who couldn't resist verbally and emotionally abusing my mother everyday and eventually began to fondle me, his daughter. Family values. Then I heard about a lot more of these family value incidents over the years and now I've come to equate the term thusly. I just can't help it.

In fact, when I hear somebody say "Family Values" I cringe and think "Ok, who's the pedophile being defended?"

And pardon me please, readers out there, while I attempt to figure out all the intricacies of blog comment moderation, followers, etc. I'm not really that much of a techie. I only pretend to be techie when pretending to be. I am a fake techie. I scan large volumes of material when I encounter a problem and want to solve it rapidly and without too much pain, therefore often skipping crucial repair information elements or steps to take to fix a blog issue.

I pick up terminology I then use liberally even though I may have no clue as to the true meaning of such terms in context. I do this sometimes to appear more techie than I am to garner information in sideways manner from those true techies' with whom I sometimes converse.

I bet you know what I mean. Those in love with the technological world love to speak of their love, just as I love sometimes to speak of my love of cats and merely need prompted to start in. The listener only needs some prompt words, and then, listening, can garner vast amounts of useful information from experts in almost any field.

The thing about human being knowledge compared to book knowledge is human beings often know how to practically apply knowledge in their given field. This is vastly more valuable knowledge than reading a book to learn a subject, because a book lacks the human practical experience of a field expert in same subject. Human knowledge on almost all subjects garnered from humans expert in that field is far superior. In my humble opinion. Unless the nature of the subject has any political or religious tangents. Then the human knowledge is polluted, tainted by the humans' upbringing or belief system. Sometimes it is very difficult to sort the tainted from the true. But oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to admit to being a catholic these days. Not all priests are pedophiles and child molesters - I've known many good, kind priests who love God and His people, and who celebrate Mass with joy and reverence....and I've also known some who don't. I, too, cringe, when I hear "family values" because it makes me think of right wing republicans who want all my money and wouldn't mind seeing us democrats all homeless and huddled together like outcasts. Or who wouldn't mind sacrificing us to nuclear holocaust as long as they have their mountain shelters to survive another decade in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to add - lets not forget the saint who was a priest during ww2 who ended up in a concentration camp for helping the jews - he traded his life for that of a jew who was going to executed for an escape attempt. This meant he was starved to death. When the priest was made a saint, the jewish man and his family were right there to help honor him.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...