Monday, April 27, 2009

Bees, Cats and Mustard Fields

I headed up to the Rock Hill colony. There is a mustard field along a road on the way. I took some photos of the field and of the bees there to pollinate the crop. Up at the colony, I went after a feral female and male. Caught both using the drop trap.

Then I steered a young female, hiding in the laundry room, into a live trap, and caught yet another feral female, whose recent last litter disappeared. There are still two females and two adult orange males up there, who need fixed. One of the two females is pregnant and the woman's husband wants her to have kittens, although his wife doesn't want or need anymore cats to care for. She is going to try to talk him into getting her fixed.

The other female is lactating with three six week old kittens. The two orange adult males who need fixed still, are feral and I gave up finally on trying to find them.

There is a neighbors unfixed black and white cat over there all the time, too. She went and asked the neighbor if she could send him to be fixed and they said "no" and that they didn't think it was important. Yet the cat is over at the neighbors eating all the time, like a starved thing and trying to breed. Pathetic!

This torti manx female is elderly and already fixed.
This is a young semi feral female I did catch who will be fixed tomorrow.






I made a short video of the bees. Watch it below:





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 PM

    hello! i found your blog randomly somehow and am so heartened to see that there are people like you doing the work of taking care of feral cats. my baby was feral and i never would have found her had the lady i adopted her from not taken a good two weeks to slowly and methodically track her and her sister down. she had a feral cat colony by her house, and decided that since no one else was taking care of them she would. at last time i heard, i believe she had caught, fixed, gotten vaccinated, and adopted out about fifty cats, and she is a one woman operation, too. i love my cat so much, and i thank you for the work you're doing! i donated what i could to your cause.
    thank you -
    starling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Starling, for donating and for caring. I think there are a lot of little people like myself, all over, trying to make a difference, in their neighborhoods or cities or counties, for abandoned and feral cats.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...