Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two More Girls Fixed Yesterday.

These are the two tame females I got fixed at Space 41 last April 30, there at Heatherdale. The woman has since moved out. I don't know if the tabby in the photo is the same tabby roaming the park now as a stray along with a white cat with half length tail.


The photo below shows the possibly pregnant Heatherdale stray the feeders caught yesterday then brought to me to take to be fixed. And yet she is familiar, the slight slant to her eyes, that makes me think even now and remember commenting about to her caretaker that she looks oriental and exotic. I can't tell if the cat in my bathroom awaiting a trip to the vet tomorrow is fixed or not. She sure looks pregnant, to be sure, huge round belly.

But it's kind of a squishy belly, almost like a worm belly. She has no milk dropped but man does she look pregnant. The woman who owned the tabby and the white cat I got fixed last April, (photo at top) moved out. Another tenant says for sure she was a person who likely left her cats. Is this her tabby then, and the white cat, the other female I took in to be fixed for that woman at the same time, now abandoned and living the life of strays? I don't know. We'll see. If she turns out to be spayed, I'll know it's her and that her people left her.

Abandonment is common in Albany. If cats such types of people abandon are not fixed prior to being abandoned, they begin feral colonies. That is why I call fixing the cats of those people most likely to abandon cats: feral prevention.




Two cats were fixed yesterday. Yes, I weakened and took in the two females owned by the son and daughter in law of the BS colony caretakers, knowing they were of breeding age, and would likely not be fixed otherwise. They're beautiful girls. By the time I was settling in last night, finally, after the Heatherdale people brought me that stray, now in my bathroom, the folks who own these two girls, in the photos below, had called several times. One had already pulled out her stitches. I had warned them to keep them from pulling at them, or to get an e-collar. I don't know what happened. I told them to call the vet, who they said told them they needed an e-collar. He called me again then, wanting to know where he could get one so late. I looked in my things and did not have one, so I recommended he go to River's Edge, since they are 24 hour. I don't know if he did or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...