Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Good Thing

The Heatherdale woman who trapped the tubby tabby did call SafeHaven and SafeHaven took her in today. She didn't seem too scared there. I was very relieved not to have to dump her out in a parking lot at Heatherdale, where she came from.

So that's a good thing to happen, for tubby tabby. I hope she gets a great home.

So the vet clinic graciously agreed to fit in the preg calico Thursday if I catch her Wednesday. Otherwise, I was unable to get appointments this week because they are so busy. Nobody wants to see more starving kittens born under trailers at that park.

The cat is for the most part on her own and eats on the porch of neighbors. She has already given consent for the spay at least, and really wants her inside cat also fixed. It should have happened last week, but then the cat got away from her when she tried to bring her out to my car, for some reason. I hope I can connect again with her to get that black cat fixed, too. I'll try catching her ex-calico at the neighbors.

Here's the good thing. The first time around getting cats fixed there, three years ago, maybe four, I took in over 90 cats to be fixed. The next year it was far fewer. Last year, in April and May, I took in 33 more to be fixed from Heatherdale. In the fall, a half dozen more. Now this spring, so far, I've only found five unfixed cats there, four of the five free-roaming and abandoned.

What I'm saying is, the diligence has paid off. Things are better there for cats. And as a result, for people, too. The first time in, I tell you, it was like a horror movie, with sick crying dying kittens everywhere. I guess that's why I scooped up 16 kittens right off, and still have one of them, whom I never found a home for, now a full blown adult. That would be Comet.

2 comments:

  1. Great JOb!!
    because of you and your hard work!! that is quite an accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, bad boy Comet.....poor little thing.....but just imagine Jody - fifteen got adopted!!! and they arent crying and dying anymore.....

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...