Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doc, taking refuge inside a carpet tube.
Mops, one of the Starvation Kids and member in good standing of Sam's clan, stands over Mums, one of the Lebanon Christian shovel killer colony cats. Mums has also joined Sam's Clan.
Button, from the Deceased Woman trailer colony, out of Columbus Greens, and Cattyhop, formerly of the Slaughterhouse colony, look out the window. Cattyhop is best friends with bully boy Comet, formerly of Heatherdale trailer park, and with Deaf Miss Daisy, whom Comet also loves. Miss Diasy, however, is certainly no bully.
Brambles, a young male from the HTN colony. I took him in to be fixed about the same time I took in MIckey, the long hair orange and white male, whose eye had ruptured, who ended up adopted by a Canadian. The vet told me I needed to keep Brambles because he too had a seriously inflamed eye, due to herpes infection, and would lose it, if I didn't treat him. Brambles and Mickey were best of friends. Shortly after that, about 17 cats were killed at HTN, by a stray Golden Retriever. Included in the cats this dog killed, was Brambles wonderful brother, who was super friendly and outgoing and who loved life. That dog never paid for what he did. I found out later the dog was lost by people who moved from nearby, just before they moved, and later re-united with his owners. The dog should have been shot.
Oci, a slightly feral little girl, who loves it here. She was left behind with other cats in Millersburg. I also call her Miss Hiss. She is precious actually, in that she so much loves having a home, and is defensive of her home and new wonderful life.
Oci again.
Sam, also abandoned in Millersburg, who is adored by every cat here, with the exception of bully boy, Comet.
Tugs, from the Lebanon Christian shovel killer colony. Tugs, Matilda and Mums remain here, from the 12 I took in from that situation.
Tugs, formerly of Lebanon, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...