Sunday, March 29, 2009

84 Cats

84 cats were fixed at the clinic today. I didn't stay to volunteer. A woman who brought just one cat lost a beloved blanket of some sort that she either had over the carrier or inside it. I do suspect she might have been sneaking in her house cat to be fixed, but I don't know, didn't see the cat. Nor the blanket. It's too bad she lost it.

I think a good share of the cats were from Lebanon this time around. There were 11 from that trailer park and that many or more from an apartment complex. Plus others.

There were the 8 from the dairy barn in Corvallis, three of whom were females, and three more females from the sheep barns.

At least 84 cats were fixed. Someone drove up all the way from Triangle Lake with two.

I came home to tiffs galore here, amongst the cats. The old girl from Heatherdale, spayed preg Friday, is still in my bathroom. I made some pleas to other adoption groups, hoping one would take her in to adopt her out, but got nowhere on that. So tomorrow she has to return to life as a Heatherdale stray.

I am getting zero adoptions. Yoyo is causing problems here. He's super tame but doesn't easily get along with the other cats. In fact they attack him and he hisses and growls at them. It's been a misery. Mops fell off a cat run tonight. It was a horrible fall. He hit the wood stove on the way down, awkwardly. He seems ok, but I just carpeted that cat run, too, to try to keep them safe. It's the young teens who take immense chances. It's a wonder they survive.

I need to get some furniture, something, into the spare bedroom, then put the teens I'm trying to get handleable in there, so I can work with them. This creates issues, because it cuts out a third of the space in the house available for the rest of the cats. I can't work with them, however, running loose all over the house.

I have to find homes for a few cats. They're going stir crazy there being too many here, and so am I. I have to work harder at finding some homes.

The brief period in Corvallis was like travelling into light, in a way. All those bike and pedestrian paths, all those great parks and people out enjoying them. To come back to Albany, well, boy, kind of hard. Nothing like that here.

Just tonight, again, the irritating obnoxious odor of a probable nearby meth lab, I smell every now and then. Meth use and production is common here. I guess it must be a meth lab I smell but I don't know. Smells just like the ones I lived near in Corvallis, over in the Freddies district that were finally busted. I do live in the industrial district, however, and it could be some foul smelling periodic emission from one of the plants. A neighbor says it must be that, the industrial district, emitting something noxious now and then. I don't know, but it's really terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...