Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Whole TV Thing

I asked my brother to cancel Comcast TV cable, but he didn't. I don't know what he did. My channel situation went from having quite a few, not sure how many because it was always changing and channels here, then there, and I never really knew what channels they were. But I had a lot of channels up to maybe 31 before, but most were shit, I'll have to say.

There were two ABC channels, two NBC channels, and two CBS channels I got, one each from Eugene and Portland. Then I got Discovery and OPB, and FOX, then four shopping channels, which of course I never watched, two CSPAN channels which I never watched either, two or three Spanish speaking channels which I never watched and two sports channels which I never watched. Then, in the upper numbers, I got a sprinkling, which would mysteriously change occasionally. I have no idea why and I never really knew what those channels were. Except I got four national news stations, including CNN, CNBC, FOX and one other. I got the History channel, the Weather Station, the Food Channel, Spike, Arts and Entertainment, and that might be about it. Oh, TBS.

Suddenly about two weeks ago, the situation changed unexpectedly, and most channels I used to get showed only a screen about "as I've been notified prior, you will no longer get these stations unless you get a converter box". Only thing is, I'd been told and my brother had been told I wouldn't need one. I still however got CNN, CNBC, FOX and one other station in the upper number range.

Now, suddenly today out of the blue, I don't get anything but the major news networks, the three big ones and PBS. Oh, wait. I still get the shit channels---four shopping channels, two Spanish language speaking channels and two CSPAN channels. Like who in the world would want any of those channels?

My brother doesn't really communicate with me. I've e-mailed and tried to call him. I told him I can get the major networks, which is all that is now coming in on Comcast, with a government digital converter box and for now, using a regular antenna since most networks haven't switched.

Why pay comcast for nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...