Thursday, February 19, 2009

Me Bad

I just got another call from the relay system for deaf and disabled folks. I've gotten about three such calls in the past, usually after 11:00 p.m., always when I run an ad in the paper, which I have running now. And all the calls before, despite me only being a cat rescue, the deaf or disabled person has always asked that I e-mail them a detailed list of every puppy I have.

There is no reasoning with this person. And also, since they have been on my website, why in the world couldn't they discover that indeed there are no puppies listed and or just look at the list, all of cats, that are listed?

Because every relay call has been from this same person, I have to believe it's a joke and I no longer take relay calls, especially since this person likes to call after 11:00 p.m. I have become fed up with this behavior and when it is a relay call now, I tell them I am extremely busy and do not have the time.

I don't know if these are prank calls from a deaf or disabled person or from a family member of a deaf or disabled person, but whomever it has been before, they are seriously abusing the relay call system so much so that I no longer will accept relay calls. You don't have to be deaf, blind or disabled to access the relay call system, so it could be someone else entirely doing this as a joke. I just don't take the calls anymore. Problem solved.

I'm going to report them to the state system. I do believe it is a very able bodied person making these calls and I have my suspicions as to who it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...